[Ravensfort] Populace Meeting & Yule Party This Thursday!!!!

Paul Gilbert niklas at wt.net
Mon Dec 3 10:25:42 PST 2001

Greetings,

A reminder that the Barony of Raven's Fort Yule Party will be held this
Thursday at 7pm in the Huntsville Fire Department, Fire Station # 2 located
in Huntsville on Sam Houston Ave next to Taco Bell.

The party will start at 7pm and end ???

While this is also our Populace meeting, there will be little to no
business discussed as it is primary the Yule party and the important thing
is the FOOD!!!!.

We are still seeking gentles that will bring food for the feast.

We and a few other brave souls are cooking the meat. A couple of briskets
and maybe a ham.

Lady Clarissima is the coordination person for the food groups, so please
check with her as to what else is needed to bring.

On the subject of drinks.....

The site is dry.....be very careful.....  <grin>

We will arrange for those that wish to come during the day on Thursday so
those wishing to decorate the hall can have access for that purpose.

We plan to be there about 6pm or earlier to help and do.

We encourage all to wear garb and there will be a short court to open the
festivities.

On the subject of gifts.......

There will be a Mongolian Christmas gift exchange as has been done in the
past. The rules are simple. Here they are........

1. Each person that wishes to participate in the Mongolian Christmas needs
to bring a gift. The gifts should be in the $5-10 range usually. But there
are no limits.

2. Each participating person will be given a number.

3. Starting with #1, that person will go pick a gift from the pile of gifts
and open it. Choose wisely <grin>

4. Then the next number and so on, can choose from the following actions.....

	A. pick another gift from the pile or....
	B. Steal any gift from any other person that has already picked a
gift...like a good Mongolian... <grin>

5. IF a gift is stolen, the person that was robbed, can either.........

	A. pick another gift from the pile or....
	B. Steal any gift from any other person that has already picked a
gift...like a good Mongolian... <grin>

6. There is a limit of 5 "steals" in order to keep the game moving. The
first steal starts with the person that was stolen from.

7. This continues thru all the numbers until finished and all the gifts and
people have chosen, stolen or gone.

If there are any questions about the Mongolian Christmas process, please
let us know.

We hope all will come and enjoy the Holiday season as we sit, eat and
exchange gifts.

In Service,

TE Niklas and Kezia

                 Data Marketing Associates, Inc.  |  Houston, Texas
                         pgilbert at datamktg.com  |  281-579-2995
                                        www.datamktg.com
Paul Gilbert,   KE5ZW              	H.E. Niklas Vasilevich,
Huntsville, Texas              		Baron of The Barony Raven's Fort
niklas at wt.net            		CSM, Crane, ORH, KGA , AoA
936-291-9532 home               	Kingdom of Ansteorra
936-581-5632 cellular             	Society for Creative Anachronism