[Ravensfort] Re: Edric de Aldebury

doug bell magnus77840 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 10 19:02:23 PST 2001

This got sent my way so it will get answered.

>Trying to document my name. I am looking for the "Oxford
>Dictionary of English Christian Names" anyone around have it or know
>someone who does?

Edric: This name isn't in Oxford Dictionary of English Christian Names by
Withycombe.  It is in Reaney & Wilson, Dictionary of English Surnames, page
151 header Edrich as Edric from the Domesday Book in 1066 as a given name.

de Aldebury: Reaney & Wilson, Dictionary of English Surnames, page 5 header
Albury gives David de Aldebury from 1278.

The name is an excellent choice for Norman England.

Magnus
Raven's Heart pursuivant