[Ravensfort] Re: Edric de Aldebury

Jeff Watson noslots at tamu.edu
Tue Dec 11 01:45:00 PST 2001

Wonderful thank you, this book does not need photocopies right? I actually
found both names in an Account Roll from the 13th century, however in the
actual document Edric was spelled in the latin form Eddricus and listed as
Edric in the index, Ioin de Aldebury (translated to John of Aldebury) was the
surname. I found a referance to the Doomsday Book in another book to establish
the usage of the Edric spelling, I found a referance somewhere to Edric being
in one of the Dictionarys of English names and thought I would try to find it
to cut down on paperwork. I was still going to send in the other Documentation
to establish both names were used in the same period. Is that a good idea or
should I just eliminate my photo copies all together?

As a side note, my arms will be submitted with this name. The Kingdom Asterisk,
and the local harold have done some preliminary conflict checking for me, but
if you have the time could you check for me also? Always helps to have another
opinion. Already have it half painted on my shield also :)

In Service to the Dream,
Edric de Aldebury
"Gules two chevronelles between three roses Or.