RF - Site directions

Kief av Kiersted sirkief at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 6 10:26:44 PST 2001

Heilsa Clarissima...

You requested directions:

>I have a request for directions to the site from someone in San Marcos.  I
>can get him to Huntsville, but I can't remember the road names (aside from
>the 4 notch road and the crossroads).  Could someone send me the names of
>the exits?  I don't want to give him the wrong information.
>
>Grazie
>Clarissima

Simplest route from San Marcos to the site:

In San Marcos take Hwy 21 to Bastrop...continue on Hwy 21 through Caldwell
to Bryan...stay on Hwy 21 through Bryan (about 4 miles of construction -
nothing major) at the intersection of Hwy 6 Loop (east of Bryan) turn south
(right) and get on Hwy 6 Loop. Drive about a mile or so and take the exit
for FM 158 (I believe its "Boonsville Rd) at the intersection of the
frontage road and FM 158 turn east (left) and proceed to interection of FM
158 and Hwy 30 (a few miles) drive straight through intersection (at a
traffic signal) you are now on Hwy 30 to Huntsville. Hwy 30 intersects I-45
and Hwy 190 on the west side of Huntsville drive straight through Huntsville
on the combined highways (both 30 and 190) named "11th Street". Stay on 11th
Street all the way through town and out the east side...this is now Hwy 190
eastbound. About 2 miles outside of Huntsville you will intersect FM 2929
aka "4 Notch Road" (right turn only! Landmark - Church on corner) Turn south
(right) and proceed 4 miles to the intersection of FM 2929 and FM 2296 (stop
sign) drive straight through the intersection. Proceed down white gravel
road (paved) for approx 1.3 miles (crossing first a railroad track and then
a concrete bridge over a creek). Site is the FIRST driveway immediately past
the bridge (Red Gate and SCA sign)

There you go... I hope this helps...! This is the shortest route I know from
San Marcos.

You could also refer this person to Sir Corwin and / or Baroness Jan at
Mystic Marks Tattoo in San Marcos....they know how to get here probably
better than I do...*grin*

Wæs Þu Hæl in TroÞ and FriÞ...!
Kief
"Better the Hammer than the nail..."