RF - Raven's Heart stuff....

Paul Gilbert niklas at wt.net
Thu Feb 22 09:05:37 PST 2001

Greetings.......

OK, Members of The Order, we now have our task's.

Tally Ho!!!!!!!!!!

Keif, can you please bring the charter scroll you have to the meeting.

Do we need Arturus, as herald to come?

I have some ideas on the medallion. I have a platter and have several ideas
on possibilities.

And last, but not least, this would be a great time to have a "circle" as
we do have events coming up (Day in the Garden and Defender).

See everyone Monday nite.

In Service,

HL Niklas

At 10:28 AM 2/22/01 -0600, you wrote:
>Unto members of the Order of the Ravens Heart and everyone else for that
>matter,
>
>My usual mode of operation is "fire and forget."  Sometimes it works,
>sometimes it don't, but the intent is always to ensure "the populous"
>leads the charge. Looks like some great ideas, input and happenings were
>jump started with my most recent er....request.  Good to hear and
>thanks.
>
>Now for some input from me.  In truth, the Raven's Heart thing has been
>nagging at me for about 2 years.  I attempted to get a herald to look
>into it then, don't remember who, but nothing happened and there were
>more pressing matters.  Namely the Baronial Guard.  Here again "fire and
>forget."  Thanks to Niklas, we've nailed that one down and have a new
>start.
>
>Now to the ORH, it has been a sticking point since day one that the ORH
>just sorta lumbers along.  Other than selecting new members, it doesn't
>collectively "do" anything.  To change this (3...2...1...press button)
>I'm sorta doing a "f&f" with you.   Here are some things I'd like the
>Order to discuss and consider:
>
>1) Dammit, write down, figure out and record for the B&B everyone who is
>in the ORH.  Then appoint amongst yerselves a steward for such things.
>Do a "Role of Remembrance" if you like with dates, precedence,
>whatever.  It is nearly impossible for the B&B to remember and consult
>with members on the fly at an event.
>
>2) ...and on that note, it is really the ORH that should be suggesting
>new members to the B&B, not the B&B suggesting members to the Order.  I
>don't recall ever having a new member suggested to us from the ORH
>collectively and I don't ever remember a meeting of the Ravens Hearts
>that did not occur at our request.  I'd suggest the Order have at least
>1 meeting per year devoted to discussion of candidates and 1 meeting for
>administrative stuff.
>
>3) Fix the heraldic issues with the College of Heralds!
>FIXITFIXITFIXIT!!!!
>
>4) Once it is fixed, work on scrolls.  I think Keif is about the only
>person who has a charter scroll for the Order.  Originally the idea was
>that members would commission their own scroll.  Welp, 10 years on I can
>safely say, this idea didn't work.  So, come up with an official charter
>scroll.  Maybe use Keif's (I think Charlotte did his) as the model, or
>use Arturius'.   I don't paticularly care, but it is important that each
>of you and any future members get a scroll.  A nice, heraldically
>correct, period style charter.  Anything else won't do.
>
>5) Along with the scroll, comes a medallion.  Seems like we are mostly
>passing around the original 10 or so "platters."  Of these, one was
>buried with Mort, one got broke on Haroun's windshield, one disappeared
>along with Alex, and two are three others have been sat on and broke or
>met with similar demise.  I guess what I'm saying is I want the ORH to
> [...]

                 Data Marketing Associates, Inc.  |  Houston, Texas
                         pgilbert at datamktg.com  |  281-579-2995
                                        www.datamktg.com
Paul Gilbert, KE5ZW     H.L. Niklas Vasilevich, CSM, KGA, Crane, ORH
Huntsville, Texas           Seneschal of The Barony of Ravens Fort
niklas at wt.net	               Kingdom Secretary, Kingdom of Ansteorra
936-291-9532               Society for Creative Anachronism