RF - Quoth articles

charlotte epps lizardkeep at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 20 07:07:14 PST 2001

Greetings!

War!  I wish all who will defend our fine Kingdom safe travels and
victorious battles.  But for those less inclined to take up the Martial Arts
I have a little something for you.  Mistress Charla has just announced the
rules for the next Kingdom Arts and Sciences Competition which will be held
on November 3rd, 2001.  And they are:

     Each entrant will be allowed to have ONE (1) entry in up to TWO (2)
categories. The three (3) categories being:
     Static Arts and Sciences, Performing Arts, and Scholarly Paper. Two (2)
entries in the same category will NOT
     be allowed. Two (2) entries are not mandatory. Documentation is
required. Scholarly Papers should be sent to
     the me or the judges (to be determined -- more information to follow)
no
later than three (3) weeks in advance of
     the competition.

Mistress Charla also sends this message:

"It is my hope the rules of this competition will encourage all artisans to
diversify. I know it will make it easier on the judges as a whole,
especially
the static judges. Many artisans only do either static or performing. I
would
suggest that we encourage this kind of artisan to do one entry in either
static or performing arts AND one entry as a scholarly paper. If artisan are
that concentrated, they probably have done some extensive research.

Scholarly papers may be supported by examples, but entrants should remember
it is the scholarly paper that will be judged. I would suggest to entrants
that scholarly papers which are supported by physical examples should have
pictures of these examples accompany the paper to the judges. Actual support
examples may be displayed at the competition with the scholarly paper."

We have 8 months to prepare for this, so let's sharpen our
pencils/knives/needles/preferred tools and show off our skills!

Until next month, I remain in service and chained to the stove,

Gwynn the Lizardkeeper