RF - Red Tape Meeting

Paul Gilbert niklas at wt.net
Tue Jan 30 20:30:57 PST 2001

Hi all,

I have just been notified that we have been given the green light for
hosting the RED TAPE MEETING for the Kingdom to be held March 24th
(Saturday),  2001.

Plans are for it to be held at the SHSU Art Dept buildings that we have
used in the past, near the Chinese Buffet on Sam Houston.

The facilities are via Lord Marius and his friend Martin at the SHSU Art
Dept. MANY THANKS go to Marius and Martin for their help and providing the
facilities.

Now for the run down on the event.........

This is a low maintenance event.

Mostly it is one big meeting with little ones here and there.

No feast, no fighting, no garb, only meetings.

These meetings are for the purpose of sorting out the business of the
Kingdom. We have had several (3-4) Red Tape Meetings so far and the
officers of the Kingdom have concluded that they are very helpful in
conducting the business of the Kingdom.

The doors to the rooms will be unlocked at 8am on March 24th and the
meetings will be concluded by 6pm that evening. Lunch will be own your own
and  following the meeting, folks will also be on their own for supper,
with a informal BYOB, etc get together to be held at my house on Pleasant
Street.

Be sure to bring your target for those that need new cars.... long and sad
story, ask me when you see me if you do not know the "Tale of Two Cars".

I will be the event Steward. I will need some folks (3-4) to help herd the
crowds and clean up afterwards. This is a pretty good and mostly self
cleaning group. It will be a low overhead event.

BTW, the meetings, except for a very few are open meetings and those that
wish to see the SCA working at a Kingdom level or meet those folks that you
have only read their name in the Black Star or seen from a-far, come meet
them. The Crown will there, as will most to all of the Kingdom officers and
deputies.

This is a chance to learn and see our Kingdom at work. Yes, there will be
hours of "dull, boring meetings"....... but it is thru these meetings and
the infra-structure of the SCA at the Kingdom and Society level that the
Baronial level can exist so we may have our fond Ravens Fort and Dream.

If I sound like I am on a soap box, I am a bit. This is a great chance to
see the SCA working, up close, live and in color.

Those interested in helping, please call me on my phone or send me an email.

Any questions, let me know. We will go over some of this Thursday at
Populace and the business meeting.

In Service,

HL Niklas
Seneschal of The Barony of Ravens Fort

                 Data Marketing Associates, Inc.  |  Houston, Texas
                         pgilbert at datamktg.com  |  281-579-2995
                                        www.datamktg.com
Paul Gilbert, KE5ZW     H.L. Niklas Vasilevich, CSM, KGA, Crane, ORH
Huntsville, Texas           Seneschal of The Barony of Ravens Fort
niklas at wt.net	               Kingdom Secretary, Kingdom of Ansteorra
936-291-9532               Society for Creative Anachronism