RF - Bastide Feast

Carla Southern clarissima at excite.com
Wed Jan 24 15:17:07 PST 2001

Ciao!

I am going to need some assistance with the feast on the day of the event.
These are the following areas I need help with:

Kitchen crew
servers
clean-up crew
"Pit" crew

Lord Ivan the Hedgehog has graciously agreed to be head server, and will
have a sign-up sheet at troll.  He will also have a clean-up crew sign-up
sheet.  Our goal is to have 14 servers, one per table.  The goal is to have
the servers and clean-up crew (this is going on a good-faith system) eat
around 4:30-5:00 and feast be served at 6:00.  We are making every effort to
prepare as many dishes in advance, so the amount of preparation is minimal.
However, I will need volunteers to man the pit (keep the fire going, grill
chicken, etc.)  HE Brian is going to start the pit Friday night (free
warmth!) and keep an eye on it for me through the night.  I will put the
roasts on around 10 a.m. and start the chicken for the servers around 4:15.
I don't think it needs constant attention throughout the day, just a quick
peek every quarter to half hour.  I would like several people to help with
this, so if your willing, please e-mail me.

I would like to thank the following people for their help so far in this
endeavor:

Ldy Ayla
HE Brian
Ldy Hrafna
HE Gwen
HE Chrystal

They came to cook and chop on Saturday, and I am very grateful.  Lady Ayla
volunteered the use of her kitchen on Saturday and the use of her appliances
(KitchenAide rocks!).

So, if you would like to help with feast, please drop by the kitchen and
lend a hand!  You might find that you love cooking and volunteer to do the
next feast!

Grazie
Clarissima

"If . . . you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a
horrible warning."
--Catherine Aird