[Ravensfort] Thanks for the support, lets let all of this die.

Charley Atchley Charley at lcc.net
Wed Jul 18 21:22:56 PDT 2001

The actual letter was a lot longer I sniped most of it. I do apologize for
venting publicly about this. I was conducting an experiment on the amount of
Gin that it takes to make tonic water taste good, when that e-mail came in
(tonic water has quinine in it, and that is good for malaria and leg cramps,
but it tastes like crap if you drink it straight, the English in the East
India company figured out that Gin will make it taste better, hence the Gin
and Tonic).

I did do some checking. The first router that handled the e-mail came from
south western bell. This router is one of the ones in north-east Houston. It
probably came from Humble, Porter or maybe even Cleveland. I was unable to
retrieve the person's temp IP number or I could figure out what the real
account name was. I will publicly clear Cedric. His email takes a different
route than this one took.

Athaulf

Sometimes human beings are very much like bees. Bees are fiercely protective
of their hive, provided you are outside it. Once you're in, the workers sort
of assume that it must have been cleared by management and take no notice;
various freeloading insects have evolved a mellifluous existence because of
this very fact. Humans act the same way.
- Good Omens, by Terry Pratchet and Neil Gaiman