[Ravensfort] Defender of the Fort

Cobalt60@lcc cobalt60 at lcc.net
Thu Jul 19 17:02:45 PDT 2001

 As you all know our baronial event known as Defender of the Fort will be
here soon. We will need help getting the site ready for the event and all
the officers will need assistance with the activities. The competitions will
need marshals and the Heralds are always needed. The Gate Keeper will need
help checking folks in as they arrive. These are just a few of the areas in
need of help. I will be organizing a Tent Crew to place the tents and white
pavilions up for the event and taking them down on Sunday. I will need some
volunteers to assist in this. You are more than likely asking your self "why
is Brian saying this?"
     Well its like this. We have an event to host. We will need all the
people in the barony to help and If We dont help each other We will show
that We dont care about the barony in the first place. We are the members of
this Barony.
    Not the Elite Brown Nosers Guild, Not the Big Plate  Bearers, Not the
Red Belted Beer Drinking Stick Jock Grunts, and surely not the Secret
Society of Bald tuff guys who think being a Viking is all there is in life.
We are the ones who think that Raven's Fort is a cool place to call home.
The ones who want to go places and see things and enjoy the hard work others
put in to their events to be told that is was the best ever when we leave. I
know what this Barony is capable of and know that the issue of the Polling
is in the past and will not change the fact that a young member of our
barony needs our help to run this event. Every one feels that they have a
valid point and others feel their points are invalid and with out
justification and value. This endless chasing of an argument is not good nor
will it help us as a group of people toward our goals. We need to set aside
our differences and focus on the event and think about our needs as a whole.
    in the  light of TRM Duncan and Larissisa's choice I feel that We need
to at least give Nickolas and Kezia a chance. If I remember correctly the
Baron and Baroness are not placed in fife to BE SERVED but to serve the
Crown and the People for whom they represent. The B & B hold these lands in
Fife for the King and Queen. Would the Crown place some one over the group
to make it crumble. I think not and to fight against the decision that was
made will do just that. The B & B do not make a Barony the People make the
Barony.
    I am sorry that this is so long but we need some help with our event.

                                                Brian du Val, A member of
the Barony.