[Ravensfort] reply

Bronte bronte at lcc.net
Thu Jul 19 01:50:06 PDT 2001

> [...]
>
> 1. There were around 45 people at the polling meeting.
> 2. Only 37 or 38 gave their written opinion via the polling slips.
> 3. The Crown Heirs left the polling open to regular mail and e-mail for
> another 10 days or so. An unknown number of polls/letters were received
> during that time.
> 4. A goodly number of the populace (around 12) listed as "Raven's Fort" on
> the membership roster actually play with Gate's Edge. Most, if not all, of
> these good folk did not take part in the polling.
> 5. There were 44 paid members listed in the last member update from the
> Office of the Registry.
> 6. Given the above numbers only about 32 paid members could have given thei=
> written poll. Not all of these paid members gave their written poll, but
> most of them did.
> 7. There was somewhere between 40 and 50 polling slips and proxy letters
> given/sent to the Crown Heirs in total.
> 8. On those polling slips and proxy letters the populace was asked to give
> their first and second choice to indicate which *of those candidates they
> would accept* as the new Baron and Baroness.
> 9. The *second* choice position was in case there was a tie or virtual tie
> on the first choice, which was the case in the polling.
> 10. The figures above indicate that there were between 10 to 20 non-paid
> participant written poll opinions submitted.
> 11. Consider these two full quotes taken from Corporate documents:
> a. Benefits of membership:
> Voting privileges in your local group - the membership rolls are used when
> determining to whom to send pollings on group matters.
> b. The Crown shall appoint a territorial Baron and/or Baroness according to
> the laws and customs of the kingdom when a branch is granted baronial
> status, or whenever a new Baron and/or Baroness is
> required. The barony=91s opinion on the matter must be requested and receiv=
> ed
> in writing, and the appointments must not be substantively opposed by the
> populace of the barony. Territorial Barons and Baronesses are officers and
> must maintain appropriate membership status.
> 12. Given the above approximate figures roughly a bit more than half of the
> populace that gave their written opinion via the poll were paid members.
> 13. The Crown Heirs, following the written guidelines of the Society for
> Creative Anachronism Inc., weighed the *paid* membership polling slips and
> letters heavier than those *non-paid* participants. (Note: 11.a. above)
> Their Highnesses did not have to accept *any* of the non-paid participant
> opinions but they nonetheless did so to seek out the opinion of the whole
> group.
> 14. Following the laws and customs of Ansteorra the Crown Heirs, upon Their
> elevation to the Crown of Ansteorra, appointed, in Their considered opinion=
> ,
> the best candidates for the position of Baron and Baroness of Raven's Fort.

now all this is good fact showing .

> Your personal insult to my honesty and honor will be addressed at a later
> time.

ANGH ? now this is inflamitory and a challange to keep a cool head see....
sound like somethings I've SAID eh?

> However, you are correct in your assumption that I know some things that I
> am not stating in public.

oooo bad move.

> What I have not stated in public until now is the
> fact that if the true numbers of polling opinions were known one of the
> couples in the list of candidates would be publicly embarrassed. Another is
> that the other three candidates were separated by a grand total of *4*
> polling slips. I will leave you to your own conclusions as to whether the
> successful and non-successful candidates were "substantively opposed" or
> not. I can tell you without any qualm that the successful candidates were
> not "substantively opposed".

the point i'd like to make here is this isn't percieved as fair that you know
more than we do.
and it hurts peoples feelings .
makes them feel rejected and left out.

> >I'm sure you noticed that when you  (hoping that the weight of your high
> >standing would attract otherwise lost supporters) asked who from the
> >populace
> >would stand by you and take whatever bed pan contents that was poured on u=
> >from above no one answered the call.  Can you guess why ??
>
> You, Marius, have insulted the Crown once more. You do this at your peril.

UH what?   first it's not an insult to the crown   at least not directly.
and your in danger of being misunderstood as makeing a terroristic threat here,
NOW I figure you mean "peril" to his reputation...
but others or a ticked off marius....

> Yes, I went out on a limb in calling for support for the successful
> candidates and for Raven's Fort. I care not whether many or few answered my
> call, I called for support *from* the Barony *for* the Barony. It was up to
> each individual to answer or even read my missive. I could do no less than =
> did. I stated in my letter that I am the Crown's sworn man. I also am
> Raven's Fort's sworn man, I must and will support the Crown and the Barony =
> can do nothing less. Do not get me wrong, I am not supporting Niklas and
> Kezia because it's the Crown's will that I do so...nor because they are my
> friends and he my protege. I am supporting them because I know that they ar=
> the best candidates for the position of Baron and Baroness at this time.
> Every one of the candidate couples are tied to me in some way...either
> through "family" ties or through oaths of service.

and you asked that no one who (wave the flag and cue the music)
not muddy blah blah support blah blah and be "good little ravensforters"
and gave the greatly moving challenge to "stand with you"
very good actually
stirring
and i'm considering still

> We represent a feudal society in the SCA and especially here in Ansteorra.
> It is and has been the custom in Ansteorra that the Crown's word is law. Th=
> Crown has given Their considered opinion, that settles the matter. Our job
> is to get on with the Barony's business, to prepare for the Investiture of
> Niklas and Kezia at this fall's Defender of the Fort. The Crown will
> certainly not change Their mind in this matter, nor will the BoD intervene
> except to return this matter to the Kingdom Seneschal for disposition.

true          but we still don't have to like it do we?
it's not so much i think What happened as HOW it happened that really chaps MY
ass.
personally speaking.*smile*

> >It's not because we
> >don't respect you.  We do.  More hints ??... Can you guess why the only
> >Vivat
> >came from outside our area ??  Can you guess why when the "heart broken"
> >announcement was originally made on this post the silence was ear
> >shattering
> >when normally we would have been flooded with congratulations ??
>
> Your "sour grapes" will avail you nothing. I see only *your* words on this
> list. I do not see anyone else calling for "letter writing campaigns". I do
> not see any one else insulting the Crown and the Kingdom's officers. Just
> you. Alone. Where is *your* support? Are they all hiding in the shadows
> waiting, like you, to assassinate the character of someone else?

oh MAn do i wanna lower myself again       ok i shall (cue moral backslide)
CHARACTER ASSASSINATION??? OH NO YOU F'ING DIDN"T MENTION CHARACTER
ASSASSINATION YOU HIPOCRITICAL SOMEBEEYATCH!
(echoing peals of maniacal PSYCHOTICSOCIOPATHIC laughter)
you best just climb on down from THAT there high horse your trying to spur into
a real pretty rearing.....

> If you, an=
> of you, have problems with the Crown's decision, then speak your mind here
> and now or hold your peace.

I'M SPEAKIN      I IS a SPEAKIN!
and the words i say are
MARIUS TELL YOUR STORY or shut the fuck up....
kief you tell yours too.
what;s the "CAUSE" marius aludes to?

> Bah...Marius your position is weak and your words are hollow.

well the weak position i have to agree with...

but his words ring a bit more substantive than i like to think about.

> I cannot speak for anyone else but myself. I do congratulate Niklas and
> Kezia on their pending elevation. They have a hard job to do, as any of the
> candidates would have had, and it's the populace's duty to support them and
> the Barony in our efforts to succeed in all our endeavors.

in the right endeavors yes.      don't try to push some bullshit "my barony
right or wrong shit here now dude". your too tattooed to be a conservitive lee!
*smile*
i mean hell you gonna wear a buzz cut an go join tha masons too?
what's next man *shudder* BOWLING LEGUES?
*grin*

> >If you are vexed I hope for your sake you can adjust.  I will not be
> >taunted
> >into a urinating contest with you with hollow name calling and meaningless
> >insults.
>
> I am vexed at your petulance and unfounded accusations. You *will not*
> support your position and I and any others that read the letters on this
> list can only assume that you and your "crusade" have *no* support. Where i=
> your grassroots support, your groundswell of volunteers pouring out their
> dismay? I hear no gnashing of teeth, I read no condemnation of the
> successful candidates.

hmm true.          i do hear a lotta bitching a moaning in the wings these days
though.
enough to get me to look here and see this stuff....
worries me too.              feel like i'm living in historical
times             hey wait a sec....
we are aren't we     turn of a reign

> It is time for you to set aside this series of unfounded accusations and
> return to the support of the Barony, to give up your efforts to undermine
> and destroy the efforts and hard work of us all.

oh is that what he's doing        or are you labeling......?

> Again, either lay your cards on the table...or fold and be silent on the
> matter. There is no other course.

i like the idea,       but kinda strident delivery i think.
"there is no other course" *smile*    oooo so manly and forcefull.
*evil laughter*