[Ravensfort] PLEASE READ! Do not delete this letter...

Paul Gilbert niklas at wt.net
Fri Jul 20 05:21:53 PDT 2001

Greetings,

I echo Sir Keifs words of condemnation for the cowards that would use the
tactics of children and snakes.

In todays world of electronic communications it is quite easy to trace or
backward engineer the source of such activities as a phone call.

For instance.....

Most of the wireline providers (phone companies) such as Bell, Verizon,
Sprint, both big and little, use one of three brands of phone switching
equipment made by Lucent, Nortel or Ericisson. All of these keep a record
of each and every phone call thru that switch no matter of the options such
as caller ID and such. It would take a formal request to the phone company
and perhaps involvement of the police, but the source of the call can be
found with little trouble.

So, the source of such activities can be obtained if they continue.

Good advice to follow here is .......If you have a problem with your
brother, go talk to your brother.

We are here to listen.

Niklas & Kezia

At 01:33 AM 7/20/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Heilsa all my friends and neighbors in Raven's Fort and all other good folk
>that may read these words...
>
>A *serious* matter folks.
>
>In the past 24 or so hours there have been at least one anonymous foul and
>threating e-mail. AND at least one late night foul and threatening phone
>call to members of our Barony.
>
>Perhaps there have been more that I don't know about, if so please come
>forward and tell us.
>
>This type of conduct is unacceptable. It is the act of coward(s), it is
>illegal, it serves no purpose other than intimidation, terrorism, and
>malicious hate filled chaos.
>
>I hold those responsible in utter contempt. They have no honor. They are
>vile scum that deserve nothing but scorn from everyone.
>
>During tonights business meeting I requested that everyone present write
>this list to condemn such cowardly conduct.
>
>My best advice to everyone is this... If you receive a threatening e-mail,
>phone call, or posted letter, IGNORE the threats. Do not let a coward or
>cowards stop you from attending meetings, events, or from conducting your
>everyday life.
>
>If the threat is in the form of an e-mail: Inform your Internet Service
>Provider...they can trace such threats.
>
>If the threat is in the form of a phone call: Call your telephone service
>provider as promptly as possible. Most all calls can be traced these days to
>at least the specific physical location the call was sent from.
>
>If the threat is in the form of a posted letter: Tell the US Postal
>Service...it's a Federal crime.
>
>Personally, I would not use such a coward's methodology. If I have a problem
>with someone I *will* tell them so "in the clear" and usually face-to-face.
>
>As well...given the shocked looks around the room this evening at the
>business meeting, the worried, the angry, the disgusted faces that I saw...
>None of our people there could or would stoop to such a lowly and vile act.
>
>Again...IGNORE any threat that you receive... Let no *scum* stop anyone from
>attending any function that they wish to attend.
>
>Permanent banishment is too good for anyone that is caught doing this...or
>proven to have done this by officers of the law or court. Jail time, good my
>friends, is what awaits whosoever this or these scumbags are...
>
>I am saddened beyond words by these incidents.
>
>*This* is not the way we are supposed to treat each other...no matter what
>our differences, no matter how opposed we are...we are all still travelers
>on the same path. And now it's time for all of us to sit and think *real*
>hard about just what in Hel's name is happening to *our* Barony when this
>kind of underhanded and cowardly activity is starting to occur.
>
>Thank you all for your time and consideration in this most important matter.
>

>Wæs Þu Hæl in TroÞ and FriÞ...!
>Kief
>"Better the Hammer than the nail..."

                 Data Marketing Associates, Inc.  |  Houston, Texas
                         pgilbert at datamktg.com  |  281-579-2995
                                        www.datamktg.com
Paul Gilbert, KE5ZW     H.L. Niklas Vasilevich, CSM, KGA, Crane, ORH
Huntsville, Texas           Seneschal of The Barony of Ravens Fort
niklas at wt.net	               Kingdom Secretary, Kingdom of Ansteorra
936-291-9532               Society for Creative Anachronism