[Ravensfort] How say you?

Berta Allen chrystal_dragon at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 20 05:31:13 PDT 2001

Thank you sister for the excellent words from the heart! We are of like
mind. I hope everyone who reads this missive afterwards will take a step
back, take a breath & exhale, consider for a moment & then move on with
their life! Please people, do not dwell on the negative, at least balance it
out & work towards a solution, do not wallow in the problem! We all are
communicating, please continue to do so!
HE Chrystal
(message trimmed)
>Unto the populace and all guests reading this list:...
>
>I'd prefer to speak to everyone individually to prove that I am sincere,
>but I don't think that will happen before more serious harm is done.  I am
>going to be brave; please listen with an open heart....
>
>I would like to state that Their Royal Majesties did not make this decision
>lightly, as they had a very hard decision to make about who would be the
>new Baron and Baroness; each and every candidate had good qualities that
>made them a desirable choice... all had strong points and weak points.
>
>Those who call me friend and sister accept me for who I am and that is
>enough for me.  It is splitting hairs to complain over the poll...
>
>I think that Athaulf is quite right that the complaints are not necessarily
>causal to the announcement; that being the case, I think that those that
>are dissatisfied or unhappy should make themselves part of the solution
>instead of remaining part of the problem.  The trouble
is, it is easy to complain; the hard part lies in the fact that some people
are not willing to do anything about it.

>If you are going to talk the talk, then walk the walk.  If there is
>something else bothering you, then find someone who will listen AND help
>you resolve it (don't just use it as a b**ch-fest).  If you have a problem,
>I would be happy to listen and help you get it fixed; I may not be
>Baroness, but I know how to work in the system.  Honestly, ask yourself
>what you really want.  Are you complaining just to complain, or do you have
>a legitimate gripe?  Is there something that YOU can do about it?
>
>One thing that I have learned is that you have to take ownership in the
>problem before it will be solved; don't expect someone else to do it for
>you.  If more people
kept that in mind, then perhaps more could be happier.

>As for forming a totally separate group, I believe that Cedric has a right
>to do what he feels is best.  I respect his desire to support the people in
>the area, however I do not agree that this is the right time and place.
>The way I see it, a group is a personification of
identity; you feel like you belong to a group.  That is why we had groups
like Bois de Argeant and such... people felt alienated and thought they had
no identity....  I am sad to think that feelings have degenerated to a point
where some of our own members no longer feel that the are a part of Raven's
Fort.