[Ravensfort] To the List

Kief av Kiersted sirkief at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 27 04:59:44 PDT 2001

Heilsa Lochlann...aka "Tuffy the Buck"

You did send these words to the list:

(Much editing of your letter occured to save bandwidth...)

Thank you for explaining your Household's policy. Reading the charter
excerpt makes it very clear to me the actual workings of House Pharus as
regards the participation of individuals vs household participation.

I stand corrected on my assumptions. If I gave offense with my public
statements I do apologize.

I think that this exchange of information is an excellent example of the
miscommunication and misperception that can, and obviously does, occur in
our Barony. I am more than pleased to be wrong in my assumptions in this
particular matter. It is obvious, again, that we all need to communicate
more. That means not only talking...but actually *listening* and
comprehending what is being said.

I generally hate being wrong (like everyone else)...but I am more than
willing to admit when I have been mistaken. I only ask that people stand up
and tell me when I am in error. Perhaps if we tried to actually discuss
these (and other) matters/issues/problems many of them would be resolved.

Please note that when things are written out the discussion can proceed in a
more orderly fashion. Point and counter-point is much better than accusation
and counter-accusation...

Wæs Þu Hæl in TroÞ and FriÞ...!
Kief
"Better the Hammer than the nail..."

>Hail to the List!
>
>Having responded to myself, I must now respond to something else I read,
>something that vaguely bothered me.
>
>As a founding member and current Dux Impavidus (psst, Charlie - thpbbbt!)
>of
>House Pharus, the Lighthouse at the End of the World, I will now reply to
>the
>charge that members of my household do not or will not do anything
>official.
>HE Sir Kief stated : “ I have heard, second or third hand admittedly, that
>quite a few of your friends and house members don’t want the responsibility
>of
>office nor the duty entailed in long term service to a group. ”
>
>For clarification purposes I will now state what was actually said to the
>“second or third hand” sources that Sir Kief mentioned. What was said is
>that
>our ‘Household’ does not participate in any official capacity. This was set
>up
>to avoid any potential problems that can and do arise between household
>members. This is clearly stated in our charter :
>
>Article 1 : Statement of Purpose

**snipped**