[Ravensfort] Tons of Info-Please Read

Hrafnhildr _ ravaenwlf at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 14 19:58:34 PDT 2001

Heilsa Unto The Populace of Raven's Fort,

Your Hospitaler has been a busy bee this past week and I have a wealth of
info to get things hoppin'.

In regards to the Mini-Tourney I mentioned that Lrd William and I will be
"autocrating":
The site will be at the Wal-Mart (tentative) in Porter. This is a HIGH
TRAFFIC area!!!! The date (pending thumbs up) is July 21st. This is not in
direct competition with anything but the Dance Symposium in Houston.
For this tourney-turned-demo, We need everyone to volunteer one day! We need
artisans, fighters, bards, hospitalers, everyone who has something to say
about the SCA- We want you to be there!!! William and I can NOT do this
without your help.
When I autocrated the early spring event, I was struck by how much initial
support I got from everyone in the Barony, I'd like to see a reoccurrence of
that!

In regards to SHSU Student Organization Status:
I spent a whole afternoon on the phone ironing out some details about the
up-coming Raven's Fest, which is a week of activities to welcome incoming
freshman. Unfortunately the majority of these activites are not really our
style (ie:"Say What?" Karaoke, SAM Trivia, Battle of the Sexes [those this
might be fun if we introduced serious battles], Block Party or Help Stations
on campus) However a few ideas struck me as possibilities: Lawn party, where
we _might_ have an opportunity to set up billboards, hand out flyers, be in
garb, etc. Also, the "New Student Move-In" is another way we can get
directly in contact with students. We come in garb and help the new kittens
move in!

In regards to garb making class:
Geez, but I have been spouting about this for awhile haven't I? Well now I'm
doing something about it. This next month is going to be a perfect
opportunity for us to meet and sew our little hearts out. I'd also like to
invite all fighters to bring out their armor and leather making tools and
maybe help some newcomers get into gear! The date (tentative) July 14th. The
place-out of Huntsville!! In coordination with HL Kezia, we will be trying
to get into the Bank where the Business meeting is held in New Waverly.
Hopefully this 1/2 way point will be a good spot for everyone!
Also, Ldy Nicolette and Ldy Elaine will be getting together a group in
Tempio to do a host of sewing as well. The Barony has graciously agreed to
donate a small amount of funds to replenishing the Loaner Garb for the
Barony. I have decided to make "Welcome to Raven's Fort" packets for all
newcomers who seem to be really motivated in the SCA. This packet will
include one generic set of garb (theirs to keep!) and a hoast of useful
information. I need the populace to help me out by bringing their machines
and their nimble fingers to assist in creating these tokens of our
appreciation!

!!!!!!SPECIAL INFO!!!!!!!!!!

I am currently working with Huntsville Item (insanity itself) to have a
reporter come out and interview/photograph our Mini-Tourney in porter. I
want everyone who is able to help make this incredibly successful so we can
put a good face forward! I will be contacting every member of the Barony
personally to get a committment on how each of you can help service your
Barony in this excitement!

In Service (and with tired typing fingers),
Ldy Hrafnhildr Ulfsdottir
Hospitaler of Raven's Fort
Bronze of Raven's Thunder

P.S.-Thank You everyone for being polite and welcoming to Gerd Conner, the
newcomer who was at our Social Gathering this past month. I think he enjoyed
himself, and hopefully we will be seeing more of him!