[Ravensfort] My apologies to the list....

David R. Hoffpauir env_drh at shsu.edu
Fri Jun 1 09:42:13 PDT 2001

Good Gentles of the Barony and Friends,

    Sorry to drag ya'll through the past few days.  Unfortunately it was
necessary to do so.  I have dealt with Ragan via this medium on six
separate occasions.  Every time he has gone up in flames with someone
and either been kicked off or unsubscribed himself within a week or so.
Two of those times was with Pug on Kingdom lists.

    This time, in light of the important discussions that should be
happening here, I was the person with the least to lose.  After a day or
so of others getting beat up, I choose a confrontational path.  It was
deliberate on my part.  I didn't choose the weapon, this public forum,
but I did choose the fight.

    I personally have no malice toward Ragan.  He started out with a
valid and admirable attempt to encourage discussion which, by his own
hand, turned into a "killing shrimp with a crowbar" approach to critique
of anyone's opinion that didn't match his own.  I could not allow him to
continue to intimedate people in this way and I couldn't kick him off
the list without without screams of  'censure'.  So, I hit in a sore
spot and stayed out of any constructive B&B discussions that might
arise.

    I may have lost the respect of some of you. So be it.  My apologies
to any who care to hear them.  Ragan cursed my Barony, cursed my Crown
and my Kingdom.  I swore an oath, in your name, to protect each at all
costs.  Any respect I lost is irrelevant.

    Gothe once wrote, "Be bold and mighty forces will come to you're
aid."  I've heard comments from a number of the people crouch in the
dark corners of this list and am encouraged that this was the best
approach.  Maybe we can now get on to some relevant discussion of the
issues at hand.

    regards,
    David St. David, Raven's Fort