[Ravensfort] rare beauty

Jeremy Meaux j_meaux at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 2 20:47:06 PDT 2001

greetings to one and all,

This evening as i traveled home from my parents manor
i came across a rare beauty in these times. My steed
had slowed on a incline and as he did, a vision of
stealth and tenacity appeared on the lane before me.
Behold, a red fox had crossed my path, returning no
doubt to it's den, for in it's jaws hung the victory
of a nocturnal hunt. I halted my fine black and
watched as the fox stopped next to a stump on the side
of the lane, dropped it's kill and slowly turned to
profile to face me. The fox then slowly lifted it's
tale and turned it's face to look me straight away. In
doing so i could clearly see the beauty of the animal,
the twitch of it's nose and the sleek lines of a
survivor. I sat and watched for what seemed like two
to three minutes before i spurred my mount forward and
continued home. On the long journey home i had time to
ponder what i had witnessed. A rare sight indeed, one
that not many witness as man and beast alike have
eradicated much of our wildlife in our times. A small
smile crept across my normally stoic features as i
thought on this, and eased the troubles and woes of
daily life. For in these days we are all troubled with
thoughts of our future,what it will hold, what it will
bestow.
In answer to this i only found one truth, the simple
things bestow the greatest joy. Never overlook the
touch of your lady, the smile of a friend, or the joy
of a hard days work. Savor these, look beyond today
and things will happen when least expected.

i am
Lord jean-michel de Meaux
squire to Sir Kief av Kiersted

(authors note: this is true to a word, only modified
to meet these times that we live in, hopefully my
little bit of joy will lighten sad hearts in these
rough times)