[Ravensfort] Combat Archery

Cathal SilAlmhain silalmhain at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 28 10:37:22 PDT 2001

you might also throw out the bait that someone out
there might be interested in helping you MAKE a
crossbow.

Like me, for instance, except I live in Brownsville
now and I really couldn't help you make anything from
way down here . . .

--- "Harry C. Billings" <psobaka at mail.myriad.net>
wrote:
> Where are you at? Shadowlands has archery practis on
> Sat. at Austin Coliney
> Park in Bryan or you can get in touch with me and we
> can work some thing out.
> plachoya
> >My lady wishes to learn combat archery. She has no
> experience shooting a
> >bow of any kind in her life. However she used to be
> a sharpshooter with
> >pistol so she is by no means jumpy around
> projectile weapons.
> >
> >I thought a crossbow might be easier for her to
> learn, however the only
> >crossbows I find for sale are on the order of
> $240-$300 while I can find
> >a good longbow for $105. So my options are this,
> find someone that has a
> >used crossbow for sell(hasn't worked yet), save
> money until I can afford
> >a new one, or find someone that could teach her to
> use a longbow.
> >
> >What I need from the people on this list.... Either
> someone with a used
> >crossbow to sell, or someone to teach her the
> longbow. Of course I am
> >open to other options, any help you can give me
> would be wonderful.
> >
> >In service,
> >Edric of the Shadowlands

> Plachoya Sobaka insignificant archer; Ravens Fort,
> Kingdom of Ansteorra

=====
Cathal SilAlmhain
Title Bard of Graywood