[Ravensfort] rare beauty

Kief av Kiersted sirkief at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 7 00:21:03 PDT 2001

Heilsa the list...

Jean-Michel did pen (and well!):

>greetings to one and all,
>
>This evening as i traveled home from my parents manor
>i came across a rare beauty in these times.

**snippage of a wonderful story**

>In answer to this i only found one truth, the simple
>things bestow the greatest joy.

>i am
>Lord jean-michel de Meaux

'Tis truth...simple things provide the greatest joy... I saw a glowing lunar
face tonight...watched the soft light gleam from the wet grass and
trees...listened to the myriad frogs and insects singing in the night...saw
fire flies twinkling in the distance...and was reminded of...

...events at the stones...fires dancing here and there...laughter carrying
through the evening air...tavern revels and good food shared among boon
companions...horns of mead and conversation about all and sundry...talk that
led to....

...work weekends and projects finished...the killing of ants and mowing of
grass...logs moved and bonfires built...cattleguards...gates...and posts
pounded into the hard earth...guild meetings under the stars and movie
nights...going to openings and restaurants...watching people's faces as
Vikings and Celts and Ladies in Italian Ren move in their everyday
midst...which took me *this* way......

...friendships hard won by common bond...arguments over trivial things that
last until the parties have drunk *too* much mead...and fall all over each
other laughing at their own foolishness...travel to distant places and
foreign lands...tournaments...and feasts...and dancing to beat the
band...love and hate...trust and distrust...a family seeking their own way
in the too hectic world...sibling rivalry...and shared accomplishment...down
the path toward...

...the future. What we share is a rare gift. At times almost tribal in it's
intensity...family ties among disparate people. To work together...play
together...and share dreams together. Can we not travel this sometimes rocky
path helping each the other over the obstacles as good friends and neighbors
often do...? Or shall we lose sight of our family and wander lonely in an
increasingly drab and friendless land...

...I for one will choose the road made easier through shared experience...
'Tis far better to walk forward into the shining moonlight than stumble lost
in the dark night......

...Never lose the fire in your eye...the desire of your heart...and the
dreams carried in your mind...

Hail Raven's Fort...and all her folk...

Wæs Þu Hæl in TroÞ and FriÞ...!
Kief