[Ravensfort] My Thoughts

Hrafnhildr _ ravaenwlf at hotmail.com
Sat May 26 13:31:14 PDT 2001

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
Heilsa Unto the Populace of Raven's Fort and other Guests of this List!

I am the Hospitaler for this Barony, and although some feel (myself included)
that I have not done the utmost in my current position, I do have some very
serious statements to make concerning ALL of the MANY recent postings on this
list.

I am not going to address the issues at hand regarding B&B, Poling, Assasins
Guild, Active vs Non Active Populace Members, White Patton Leather Shose (???)
or anything else.

What I am going to remind everyone about is what this List is for.This is a
place for the exchange of pertinent information regarding this Barony and its
business. Here we discuss up and coming meetings, demos and events; persona
discussions; and other SCA FUNCTIONING related issues.

Here we do not chastise, gripe, whine, complain at other people or at the
Barony as a whole. We would not do these things in a submission to the Black
Star or to our own newsletter the Quoth. These are public forms of
communication that reach all eyes and ears across the Kingdom and at times the
Known World.

Therefore I remind everyone posting to this list that electronic communcation
is just as important as paper communication. We have to represent ourselves as
the THINKING, SENSIBLE and CALM people that we are. Because in a very REAL
sense this is a public forum, meaning that not just your neighbors and
friendly baronial members see. ANYONE with interest can join our mailing list.
And oftentimes NEWCOMERS are encouraged to join to get a hint at what we
discuss here and what the SCA is about.

Over the last few weeks there have been so many inappropriate outbursts and
randy emails sent to this list that I am utterly EMBARESSED to be a member of
this Barony.

I do not personally have a good opinion of massive internet gossip being
shared with anyone in the Known World who cares to read these posts. They are
a POOR--no scratch that-- a HORRIBLE reflection of what this Barony is all
about.

Now, I am not saying discussion should not be had, but I feel very strongly
that calm and sensible discussion should be allowed on this list. Any other
comments -stess the ANY- should be taken to private emails or to personal
discussions.

Do not disrupt this forum which is meant to be a way to get pertinent info to
those who need it with inappropriate babble and complaint. Why ask those who
are on this list only for THAT necessary info to weed through over 200 (as I
did today) emails of unrelated discussion??

Some of the things said and posted have been full of this much needed info,
and it those that this speech excludes. but the vast majority of what I hit
delete on today was a ridiculous waste of my time.

*steps of the soap box*

As your Hospitaler and the person required to help upkeep the public opinion
of this Barony I humbly beseach you to THINK before you hit the "send" button.

In Service,
Ldy Hrafnhildr Ulfsdottir
Hospitaler of Raven's Fort