[Ravensfort] In Persona fun

Charley Atchley Charley at lcc.net
Fri May 4 03:37:39 PDT 2001

I would like to invite any who might wish to participate in some persona
list, however I am not sure that this list is a good venue for persona play,
as a lot of necessary routine business must be conducted on Ravens fort
list. We do not care if you choose to start your own thread of letters about
your persona. I hope to be able to compile the letters and their responses
in to a  single document, that I could use to tell the history of various
time periods from a first person point of view. It is also nice to research
what kind of misconceptions and superstitions that a person of a given
persona would have had during a given period. I am exploring my love of
mundane mathematics and tying it in to my SCA persona. I have several books
on the history of mathematics, and I was recently re-reading one that Bryan
Duval gave me as a gift several years ago, when I came up with the idea of
having my persona take a journey in search of math knowledge. I had to
decide what would motivate a 6th century Goth, and how would he perceive the
things he encountered. The Goths at this time were becoming Aryan Christians
based off of the teachings of Uric. As most know Aryan Christianity was
suppressed Shortly after it started, but it cropped up again in the Templars
and again several other times. It created a nationalistic pride that caused
the Goth's descendants in Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, Austria and Germany to
fight many wars. My persona is on the cusp of starting to accept
Christianity. This of course influences how I interact with the new rapidly
spreading religion. Come join us and have some fun. One word of advise.
Swein net has been FLAME FREE for a while now. DSD will strictly impose the
NO FLAMING rule on swiennet.

Athaulf Swein Brothar