[Ravensfort] GE:Populace/demo

Paul Gilbert niklas at wt.net
Sun May 13 07:09:01 PDT 2001

Hi All,

YES, the demo went very well!

HL Kezia, Lady Katrine and several others handed out many flyers with
informational and contact information on the SCA, Raven's Fort and GatesEdge.

I brought almost 200 flyers and over half were gone.

The fighters....Lord Bowen, William De Clare, Trion, Jacque and Jessie did
very well in their fights and keep the theater customers entertained.

Lady Elaine and Lady Niccolette sang and Elaine player her recorder to give
a welcome ambiance to the demo.

There were a number of other folks from Gates Edge that helped in the
marshalling and interacting with the crowd to spread the word.

All in all, I bet we had 15 or so SCA members with over 2000 folks walk by
and see our demo.

The theater management was VERY impressed and allowed those that wanted to,
to see "A Knights Tale" for free.

It was a pretty good movie. NOT period at all (the Jacqueline Kennedy style
dress that Jocelyn wore), but entertaining and fun to watch.

I'm now waiting for Pearl Harbor on the 25th.

Again, thanks to GatesEdge for arranging the demo and to GatesEdge, Raven's
Fort, Stargate and others that came to help.

In Service,

HL Niklas Vasilevich
Seneschal of the Barony of Raven's Fort

At 01:15 AM 5/13/01 -0500, Gwynafwy /Jennifer wrote:
>[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
>
>To my friends in Gate's Edge.
>
>I just wanted to remind you that populace meeting is Monday.  I would also
>like to remind you that we will be having a class on courtly etiquette.  And I
>would like to suggest that if you can to please bring garb that you can change
>into so that we can practice.  I thank you.
>
>I also would like to say thank you to all that participated in some way at the
>demo on Saturday.
>
>We had a most wonderful turn out from Gate's Edge, Raven's Fort and Stargate.
>I thought that we had a very wonderful reception from all the people that
>passed by us to the movie.  I, for one, am glad that we had this opportunity
>to come together to represent the SCA.  I hope that we will be able to do more
>of this type of teamwork demonstrations in the future.  Again thank you all
>for you part in this demo.  We could not have done this with out you.
>
>In service as always,
>Lady Gwynafwy
>Deputy Seneschal of Gate's Edge

                 Data Marketing Associates, Inc.  |  Houston, Texas
                         pgilbert at datamktg.com  |  281-579-2995
                                        www.datamktg.com
Paul Gilbert, KE5ZW     H.L. Niklas Vasilevich, CSM, KGA, Crane, ORH
Huntsville, Texas           Seneschal of The Barony of Ravens Fort
niklas at wt.net	               Kingdom Secretary, Kingdom of Ansteorra
936-291-9532               Society for Creative Anachronism