[Ravensfort] B&B Populous Polling!

clarissa clarissa at supportyou.com
Tue May 15 10:12:17 PDT 2001

Greetings to the Barony of Ravensfort!!

I am most honored to be asked to manage the polling for your new Baron &
Baroness. I will be at your meeting this Thursday to let you know the
procedure and answer any questions you may have. I will also, of course,
be at the polling meeting June 7.  I am sure all of your questions will
be answered this Thursday.

I realize the timing is quick. However, you are a good group of people
and a small Barony. Everyone already knows everyone else and knows their
strengths and weaknesses. I am certain you have all occasionally, at
least, thought about who would next lead your fine Barony. If you think
about it, the candidate couples will be known to you. I am certain the
candidate couples will be making themselves known to folks in the next
few days.

If you want this to be a good experience for your Barony, it will be.
Please remember that the polling is just a way for Their Highnesses to
solicit the populaces' views on who should be the next Baron and
Baroness. They are in no way bound by those results. You ARE NOT voting.
The Baron and Baroness are the Crowns' representatives and as such the
Crown has to carefully choose who Their Voice will be. The SCA is not a
democracy.

I look forward to meeting with you all this Thursday.

Yours in service,

Mistress Clarissa di Firenze, Baroness of the Court
(Dottie Elliott)
Southern Regional Seneschal
Barony of Bryn Gwlad
Kingdom of Ansteorra