[Ravensfort] B & B questions and answers

Cobalt60@lcc cobalt60 at lcc.net
Wed May 16 14:19:26 PDT 2001

Greetings and well met to all on the list.
    It would seem that most are in agreement that the process of choosing a new Baron and Baroness is a bit sudden to some and a big deep sigh for others. The opportunity for their Excellencies to step down with Honor and Dignity is the first step here. David and Chrystal have lead the barony for near seven years now and they feel it is now time to ask the barony for good viable successors. This Process will be overseen by the Regional Seneschal Mistress Clarissa and through her their Highnesses Prince Duncan and Princess Larissa will be making a decision after looking at all the information and weighing it carefully. The Crown will have the final word on who the next B & B will be.
    At the officers meeting this Thursday Mistress Clarissa will be discussing the procedures that will need to be followed. The issue of who the viable candidates are will obviously be discussed and all who have questions are encouraged to please attend.
    The Officers Meeting will be held at the Citizens Bank in New Waverly  at 7:00 P.M. as usual. Unless something changes in the location then it will be posted to this list.
    It would be nice if all who know of this important issue at hand spread the word to all who are not on this list so that everyone may know of the meetings and the importance to the barony. All members of the barony have a voice in the "Polling of the barony". The polling will be held at the Populace meeting at the Fire house in Huntsville on the first Thursday of June at 7:00 P.M. Again we will need all to be present who can attend.
    So please spread the word and let all in the barony know that they need to attend the meetings. The future of the Barony is at hand and allot of work will need to be done to help ease the transition from  their Excellencies David and Chrystal to the next B & B.
    In parting I would like to say this. Honor and Dignity is a very important part of what the SCA is all about. We as a group of this organization have a responsibility to ourselves to act as  Nobles and genteel people and not as barbarians and unruly folk. We have some important decisions to make and we will all have to be level headed to make them.

    In pursuit of a dream.

                                                 H.E. Brian du Val