[Ravensfort] Dear Everybody

Cathal SilAlmhain silalmhain at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 20:25:07 PDT 2001

Dear Everybody:

I just got back online (my phone service took a while
to get set up).

1. Who are our candidates?

2. I will be voting by proxy.

3. Brownsville rocks.  No, I mean that.  It's hot as
blueblazes but the wind is continuously up, so it's
just a rockin' city.

4. I don't know that I know Mistress Clarissa, but I
think:
a. she has shown herself to be a very thoughtful and
well-spoken individual;
b. I trust her with the running of our poll;
c. I disagree with her, and whomever else believes it,
that campaigning is incorrect procedure.
I think mudslinging is wrong. I agree with the reasons
she gave in support of not campaigning.  I agree that
hard campainging is inappropriate.  But campaigning is
the one sure method of finding out a great many things
about candidates, including 1. how they conduct
themselves in front of the public, and how they speak
to a group; 2. how they feel about issues that face us
as a group; 3. what their vision is (this is very
important); 4. It galvanizes the group as a whole (to
put it another way, campaigning brings a group
together, it doesn't drive us apart); 5
ok, four reasons is plenty, I've made my point.

Thanks again for listening, and happy birthday to you
all! (cause everybody feels good when you say happy birthday!)

=====
Cathal SilAlmhain
Title Bard of Graywood
"Fortune favors the bold."