[Ravensfort] Communication

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Thu May 24 10:35:53 PDT 2001

1 Ever since I was new in the Barony (9 years ago, a number of people
have griped that the "old guard" are too much in "control"

Well, the "old guard"/"inner circle" have stepped back for the last
couple of years so that people who perceive them selves as NOT part
of the "innercircle" would be comfortable to be active in ways that
affect the running of the Barony and the things we do at events...
in some instances it has worked...Clarissama, William, Meaux, Hrafna,
Cedric, Katrine and someothers have felt comfortable enough to come
forward and lead through example...

others are still griping...

2 The people who APPEAR to be IN THE KNOW ae such because they keep
consistant attention to things going on, ask questions if they  miss
something, and seek out further information: whether in person or on
line

Remember that the people who VOLUNTEER to be responsible for things...
have lives and their time and efforts aare not dedicated exclusively
to the SCA. They are also not OBLIGATED to   make sure that information
gets out in every possible way....

3.  You (Finn and Ragan) have referred time and time again to people who
were ignored unjustly...are these people who come just to events?
If so...our ACTIVE populace usually is working the event and tries
to have time to socialize...but usually is so busy trying to make sure
the event works...that they are not in the best state to make  connections.
People have more time at populace  meetings, fighter practices, and guild
meetings to get to know people and socialize

Lorraine