[Ravensfort] Suggestions for Prospective B&B's

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Wed May 30 11:38:47 PDT 2001

--- Peer2 <Peer2 at email.msn.com> wrote:
> ( Please bear with me. My replies are woven into Lorraine's message. Its
> annoying, but effective. )

and mine will likely be more confusing!

> LT = We do not have an event steward for defender yet if we do not get one
> soon...we cannot hold the event who can you encourage to step up and put a
> bid in for this event?
>
> CE = As I recall, Arturus accepted the Stewardship for Defender at the last
> officer's (business) meeting. Has this changed?

Artorus said that he would do it if no one else put in for it
it does not mean that he has filled out the paperwork or
put in a bid...there is a lot more to becoming a steward
than just saying that you'd take it if no one else does...

> CE = I also understand that Arturus (gotta love him) is filling in that slot
> until a new Herald is accepted. He has bought us a little sorely needed time
> to find Cathal's successor.

Artorus is just place holding...He does not want the job...he gave it up
because he didn't want it...he's not going to want to be responsible for
it for long...

>There are also several other offices coming open
> before the end of the year. Chronicler, hospitaler, and others whom I don't
> recall off hand (sorry). There is also a need for deputies in every office .
> . . including MINE!

All too true...but our priorities at the moment are the Seneschal, the Steward
for the fall event and the herald's position...

> CE = And, due to the wise planning of the event staff, the Seneschal's and
> Treasurer's classes run consecutively (based on the tentative schedule),
> allowing interested parties to attend both. They are also (tentatively)
> scheduled for the morning, leaving the afternoon for less administrative
> pursuits. Somebody remind me to find the schedule planner and give him/her a
> big wet kiss!

I don't know if it will help but I "took action" and sent something to
the Kingdom Treasurer asking if scheduling could be switched so that
people could take both classes...I'm trying to be proactive in my old age

> I'd also personally recommend the "Budgeting An Event" class. This seems a
> good way for interested people to build up the confidence needed to take on
> an event. For many, finances seem to be the most intimidating part of
> Stewardship.

also true...

Lorraine