[Ravensfort] Re: RF - Privies

AMH/DBLJ orthart at earthlink.net
Sun May 6 23:44:12 PDT 2001

John has done a fantastic job of supplying the Barony with this basic need for several years.  Even
when he's had his plate full with personal and other SCA distractions he has found companies that
give us great prices and more important will pick up and deliver when we need them to... in the
middle of nowhere.  Many thanks goes to him for his efforts as well as for all the work he did for A
Day In The Garden.  The list field set up was exactly the colorful, intimate back drop the event
needed.  His and Zorc's selection of location and their hard work on work weekends should be noted.

As long as I have started saying thank yous let me finally cover some ground that I should have last
weekend.

First and foremost, I could not have pulled everything together for this event if it had not been for
the constant help of Baroness Gwynn the Lizard Keeper and Baron Don Zorcon.  Their efforts (as
always) were so much more than what is expected.  In fact, beyond this event their contributions to
this Barony over the years has been remarkable.  They have facilitated uncountable personal and
Baronial projects by opening the Keep up to anyone who has asked.  Along those lines they continue to
provide a warm welcoming environment for us to work out our problems or just gather for camaraderie.
Damn near any Baronial work effort, be it work weekend, event, workshop, guild, Baronial office and,
or special projects will see one or both of them.  They have been mediators and peace makers when
other lines of communications have failed.  They will probably give me hell for going on like this,
but they have been like the Barony's big brother and sister.  Kydos for all you've done.

My Feastocrat / Coautocrat Lord Sigred Sweinbroathar was the hub that everything turned around.  His
concept and his food is what turned the wheel of this event.  I can always count on his skills as a
cook.  It doesn't matter what is served, we all know it will be good.

Many thanks to Mistress Lorraine for taking over as head troll when it was learned that the original
head troll would not be attending the event.  Knowing that the gate was in good hands allowed this
Autocrat to concentrate on the running of the event.  It was luck or premonition that I asked our
Reeve to bring extra copies of the gate paperwork.  This was a great lesson for me and all would be
Autocrats... have a back up.

HL Niklas did a great things with the rose garden for the hat lunch and the food was excellent.

The people that ran our competitions rocked despite the large turn out for each and all were well
spoken in court.  Lady Laurensa Fraser, Lord Christain Castellon and Lord Cedric,  Lady Ayla, Lord
Cathal Silalmhain,
Baroness Lorraine and last but not least, (I know I'm going to get this wrong) LD Buck who took over
the board gaming at the last second.  Nice job guys and gals.

The volunteers that made the scrolls at the last minute sent wonderful keepsakes for the winners of
the competitions.

Thanks to Lady Kezia for rounding up donated prizes and to all of you that donated.  Ldy Ayla von der
Weise, Simon Piroska, HL Kiabarta Kezia, LD Jean-Michel de Meaux, HE Chrystal Ariana McRuari, HL
Niklas Vasilevich, HE Brian du Val, HE Don Zorcon of Lizard Keep, HE Lorraine Deerslayer, LD
Volodymyr

And to the usual work weekend crew LD Magnus, HE Don Zorcon, HE Gwynn, HE Brian, HE St. David, HE
Kief, LD Cathal, LD Busa, HL Niklas, HL Kezia, LD Chris and all the others.

A special thank you to Stargate for the loan of their tables yet again.

To those of you I can't recall now, thank you and my apologies for letting your contribution slip my
mind.  It was a sunny, windy and relaxed day and you all made it happen.  thanks.

Pax,
Marius       “Come the millennium, month twelve
                  In the home of greatest power,
                  The village idiot will come forth
                  To be acclaimed the leader.”
                                                   Nostradamus 1555