[Ravensfort] Lord Buck

Cathal SilAlmhain silalmhain at yahoo.com
Mon May 7 11:14:59 PDT 2001

There are two things you can do.
1. flat-out denial.  e.g.
"WHy did you just call me lord buck?" Lochlan says.
"Lord Buck?  I didn't just call you lord buck . . ."
cathal replies.
"Yes," Lochlan says, "Yes you did."
"No, I'm sure I didn't"
until he gives up the questioning.  This is the "Drive
the man insane" approach, and is predicated upon the
notion that he is "hearing things." A very difficult
plan of attack, requiring great subtlety.
2. temporary "alzheimers," also known as "sometimers",
e.g.
"Why did you just call me Lord Buck?" Lochlan asks.
"What?" Cathal replies.
"You just called me lord buck.  Why?"
"I did?"
"Yes."
"Lord Buck?"
"Yes!  Why?" Lochlan asks.
"I'm sorry.  It must just have been a case of temorary
insanity.  I have no idea why I called you that. I
don't know anybody called lord buck, so I know I
didn't get you confused with anyone else.  Uh . . ."
(here you pause dramatically)"I have no idea why I
called you that.  Sorry."
This avenue of attack is predicated upon the idea that
we, i.e., everyone he knows, is going insane.

Either way can be delightful fun.  But you must
remember to use Lord Buck SPARINGLY.  Don't look for
opportunities to go up and call him Lord Buck--wait
for the opportunity to come to you.

--- aodhfionn at unforgettable.com wrote:
> On Mon, 7 May 2001 06:50:22 -0500, I read the
> following on a monolith:
>
> >Here's the plan = Everytime somebody talks to him,
> call him Lord Buck. Just
> >slip it in once or twice. Real simple, like nothing
> was out-of-the-ordinary.
> >His head should be spinning in circles in a matter
> of days! >:]
>
> And what do we do when he asks us about it?  I mean,
> I can do the 'run and
> scream like a girl' act, but that doesn't work for
> everyone.  };>

=====
Cathal SilAlmhain
Title Bard of Graywood