[Ravensfort] Just to set the record straight...

David R. Hoffpauir env_drh at shsu.edu
Tue May 22 15:37:29 PDT 2001

KING Of The Firemonkeys wrote:

> and the nobility shown here and now shows why i think you should be a
> KNIGHT!(REALLY) i REFUSE UNCATIGORICALLY to hold you solely responsible
> David! i allways have and always WILL!.
> and now thanks to you i have to means and forum to show WHY!
> take this dagger from your back oh noble one and salve the wound with these
> words...

Thanks for the compliment.  It's my adherence to Knightly values which prevents
me from ripping the occasional person's heart out.

As for the rest I've snipped it and inserted:

You know, making a definitive point with you always turns into some sort of
performance.  Ever consider that you might be wrong?  You know, cognitive
supposition based on erroneous, misleading, or incomplete fact.  I said I did
it.  NO ONE ELSE was consulted.  Not Websters, not Charlotte, not the College of
Heralds.  ME dammit, focus.  I had a deadline, a few sketchy facts and a helluva
lotta other people to be concerned with who equally deserved consideration and
recommendation.  Sorry you were not the center of my universe.   There ain't
magic.  No fairy dust.  No ORACLE to light the way.  Sit in front a computer and
write, no staff to look up details, no secretary, no divine intervention and ALL
the responsibility of making a good, right, and fair recommendation.  You got
the attention I could afford to give you at the moment.  If it was wrong I knew
we could fix it.

"REFUSE UNCATIGORICALLY" my culpability if you wish.  Doesn't change the truth.
There is no 'Brass hat, inner circle, underhanded, shady dealing Raven's Fort
mafia' in the back of Afamatoes dreaming up how to suppress the vote, rig the
outcome,  payoff the Crown and infiltrate the Lottery Commission.  If there is,
well, I'm the Boss, my operation has been undermined, everyone will be
liquidated, and I'll start over from scratch in Jamaica.  Anyone who accepts my
GODHOOD gets to wear a Fedora.  Knights get white patent leather shoes.

DsD, Ravens Fort