[Ravensfort] Suggestions for Prospective B&B's

Berta Allen chrystal_dragon at hotmail.com
Wed May 30 10:51:08 PDT 2001

Now it is my turn to add to the confusion of responses, but as Ld. Cedric
states, it is effective...

>( Please bear with me. My replies are woven into Lorraine's message. Its
>annoying, but effective. )
>
>LT = We do not have an event steward for defender yet if we do not get one
>soon...we cannot hold the event who can you encourage to step up and put a
>bid in for this event?
>
>CE = As I recall, Arturus accepted the Stewardship for Defender at the last
>officer's (business) meeting. Has this changed?

Arturus announced he would do it, but still has yet to do the dirty, ugly
deed of submitting in the paper work (bid, pricing, etc), so no, there is
"officially" no one in either position at this time. Doesn't mean someone
else cannot do the do, does it? No it doesn't. Anyone else interested,
please apply. OR let Arturus know you'll assist him...

>LT = The position of Herald is open. Without a Herald we cannot maintain
>status as a Barony. The position of Seneschal will be open and as yet there
>are no applicants...without a Seneschal we can not be an Official Group and
>so not hold events, etc...
>
>CE = I also understand that Arturus (gotta love him) is filling in that
>slot
>until a new Herald is accepted. He has bought us a little sorely needed
>time
>to find Cathal's successor. There are also several other offices coming
>open
>before the end of the year. Chronicler, hospitaler, and others whom I don't
>recall off hand (sorry). There is also a need for deputies in every office
>.
>. . including MINE! Hmmmm. I heard recently that Ayla won the Knife
>Throwing
>competition at Steppes Warlord. Interesting. Very interesting.

HE C replies:
Correct all around, still need interested people to apply please. Arturus
will not be able to hold the position (as to giving it up the first time)
for the full term, see first line of this reply...
(hehehe vicious loops I tell ya!)

>LT [snipped] = We // have 2 persons // who have taken the latest
>seneschal's
>class. Mistress Clarissa // will be teaching that class at King's College.
>Also // it is encouraged by the Kingdom that all B&B's take the class. //
>(B&B's) would be encouraged to also take the treasurer's class.
>
>CE = And, due to the wise planning of the event staff, the Seneschal's and
>Treasurer's classes run consecutively (based on the tentative schedule),
>allowing interested parties to attend both. [message trimmed]

HE C replies:
I have taken both, they are worth the time...

>I'd also personally recommend the "Budgeting An Event" class. This seems a
>good way for interested people to build up the confidence needed to take on
>an event. For many, finances seem to be the most intimidating part of
>Stewardship.

HE C replies:
ditto!

>(this space for rent)

how much do you want for the exquisite space?
(using a very thick Spanish accent to speak) - kidding!