[Ravensfort] baronial candidates

AMH/DBLJ orthart at earthlink.net
Wed May 30 23:12:45 PDT 2001

Nathan Bohls wrote:
It's in the corpora that the crown cannot appoint a B&B that is significantly opposed by the populace.

Dear Bohls,

Roughly stated but yes, it is in Corpora and if we lived in a fairy tale world that would mean
something.  Tell me how can Corpora be followed if we are not allowed to know the results of the polling
??  We are told to "trust" but I didn't see that word used in Corpora.

When I used the word "fix" it was in response to an email that I originally thought was posted on this
raven's post but was not.  However, if someone asked me how I would go about fixing something like this
I'd tell them to;
1. Not let anyone know who the nominees are until immediately before before the poll is taken.
2. Forbid the candidates from "campaigning" under threat of disqualification.
3. Instead of asking for a first choice when polling, ask for a first, second and third to further
confuse things.
4. Hide the results of the poll.
5. Ask everyone to trust you while pulling strings.

In the end it doesn't really matter.  We are a royalist kingdom.  Whatever the Crown wants to do, they
will do and we will let them.  It would not be the first time that a popular choice is passed over and
I've seen brass hats selected from outside territorial boundaries.  The Crown will do what they want and
we will let them.

Many in the SCA like to say, "Not as it was, but as it should have been" because most embrace the high
ideals of chivalry.  The one exception to this is our political system which was proven flawed and
replaced in the real world.

Pax,
Marius