[Ravensfort] (No Subject)

Olivia G. Rodriguez ladyoliviar at lycos.com
Mon Nov 19 13:20:01 PST 2001

Where to start...
I haven't checked this mailbox in weeks (as per my norm) and when I get here, all I see is the usual "personality clashes"...does nothing ever change?

Given the events of 9.11, is any of this constructive?  Can't we all just get along???

Seriously, whatever problem Marius and Keif have with each other, should stay between them. They need to quit trying to line up allies by posting on the list, that's childish.  Better yet, agree to disagree and get on with your lives so we can get on with ours and the business of trying to "live the dream."

The SCA, Ansteorra and the Barony are here for us to share.  It's not the personal possession on any one person or small elite "clique"...despite how anyone may think.  It belongs to all who care about it and we should all be allowed imput...payed members or not, local "family" or those moved.  As far as any polls, I wasn't there.  All I know is what I read here..and its not very nice.

I, like many, were sorry to see DSD and Chrystal step down but time goes on so likewise leadership.  I have no problems with TE Nikolas and Kezia...I like and admire both very much. As for any underhandedness regarding our new leadership, I wasn't privy to any machinations...I only submitted my input and let the chips fall.   Had anyone else been "chosen" I would have sworn my fidelity and offered my hand and heart in help...even if it had been Keif and Lorraine...and we all know that she and I are not dear friends by anyones stretch of imagination...but I would still have done so.

There shouldn't be any "one" way for anything to get accomplished within the Barony.  The point is that it should be accomplished...period.  Unfortunately, there are political allies, cliques, a**kissers, what have you, and there always will be.  Let them play "their" game...the rest of us need to keep playing the fair game.

I like Marius and Keif...and Nikolas.  None of them have every been anything but courteous, kind, loving and just plain nice to me.  Yes, they each have their own quirks and personalities but then again, I've, to my knowledge, never pi**ed any of them off.  Maybe I just see the good because I'm only receiving what I'm putting out there...then again, I've no aspirations within the Barony or the Kingdom.  Perhaps as I'm no threat to anyone and their standing within, I'm free from any grief due to misinterpretations, misrepresentations or just plain jealousy.

I'm just someone that likes history and all things golden about the by-gone days.  Let's not forget why we have each joined the SCA...and I'm sure there are as many varied reasons as there are people.  However, I seriously doubt any one of us joined with the sole purpous of becoming "King of the World" and a tyrannical dictator...did we?

Now, having said my 2 pence worth...anyone planning a Yule Revel? *LOL*  With so much love and respect floating around, surely a half dozen or so of us can gather in good spirit and cheer and make these dark days a bit lighter.

In Service to (and in no particular order);
The Dream, Ansteorra, The Barony of Raven's Fort, HE DSD, HE Chrystal, HE Nikolas, HE Kezia, Sir Keif, Lord Marius and anyone of my SCA "family" that needs me,

Olivia

Now meant more than ever - Carpe Diem ex illo vitae opprime!