[Ravensfort] populace report?

Paul Gilbert niklas at wt.net
Fri Nov 2 20:14:38 PST 2001

At 01:25 PM 11/2/01 -0600, you wrote:
>Would anyone care to enlighten those who were working or otherwise
>unable to attend just as to what was covered?
>
>Thanks!
>
>-Jacinth-

Hi......

Basicly, Clarissima went over the upcoming events, we talked about our
events coming this spring briefly.

Talked about making of the Baronial table clothes.

Talked about brewing that Charlie and Zork have been doing.

I know there was some more, but do not have my notes.

Then we went into the Goals discussion.

Kezia went over her idea of the SEER program. Basicly it is Support,
Expand, Explore, Reward.

Support the Kingdom and your Barony with your work, time and efforts. Lots
of room to do things here.

Expand the Barony and Kingdom and yourself by participating, learning and
bring your self as well as new and old members into the SCA

AND

by having activities in areas in our Barony such as Jacinth wishes to have
A&S in the south and the possibility of having a spring event in the south
also.

Explore is to research, learn grow, make, do, travel and improve yourself,
barony, kingdom, others in the SCA. Lots of room here for thing to do.

Reward is to reward with awards. Not just the traditional kind like a
Thistle or AoA or Crane or such. But to improve the Baronial award structure,

AND

Reward folks with things ranging form a simple "Thank You" to largess of a
gift or something (does not have to be expensive or elaborate) for a job
well done or an impressive gesture-display or just something one liked that
someone did. This too has a large field of possibilities.

Following this, we begin a roundtable session of making goal suggestions,
observations and airing of some issues (and all were done politely) that
begin some interesting and hopefully constructive dialogue and food for
thought.

Then we went to eat at Tejas.

As to the goal session. I will be formulating a paper or report on what was
suggested for us to use in the next session. Kezia and I also will be
talking to folks (both who were there and not) about the information we
have gained.

There will be another session such as this in the near future that we can
go over the specific ideas and suggestions and focus them down to real,
achievable goals and solutions.

None of this will happen fast. Please be patient.

If there was anyone that have ideas, suggestions, goals, solutions, etc
that could not be there. Please let us know. We wish to hear from as many
as possible.

Thank you all that could come. We had 31 people present. It was a very good
meeting.

Next months Populace???? How about a dinner or something.

I KNOW!!!!!!

A Yule Feast for Populace!!!!

Lets talk it up and think about it.

I will post again on this subject (the Yule feast Idea) in a couple of days
to remind everyone to think about it.

Any questions?.....sing out.

In Service,

HE Niklas and HE Kezia

                 Data Marketing Associates, Inc.  |  Houston, Texas
                         pgilbert at datamktg.com  |  281-579-2995
                                        www.datamktg.com
Paul Gilbert,                 		H.E. Niklas Vasilevich,
KE5ZW	               		Baron of The Barony Raven's Fort
Huntsville, Texas            		CSM, Crane, ORH, KGA , AoA
niklas at wt.net	               		Society for Creative Anachronism
936-291-9532 home             		936-581-5632 cellular