[Ravensfort] TIME CHANGE! Also trash pickup and site work info.

Kief av Kiersted sirkief at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 27 15:13:05 PDT 2001

Heilsa all my kith and kin in Raven's Fort...

NOTE: Time change occurs this Sunday morning at 2:00 a.m. Please remember
this on Sunday morning... so, set your clocks BACK one hour on Saturday
evening before you go to bed...!

Please note that given the time change the 4:00 p.m. fighter practice at the
Gazebo will be, necessarily, very short. I would suggest that the time be
moved back to 3:00 p.m. or even back to 2:00 p.m.

HE Niklas did write:

>The Final Trash Pick Up, Sunday Oct 28th at 9am on the road to the site.
>Meet at the big tree near the intersection FM 2929 and 2296. Contact person
>is Sir Keif.

I have acquired the orange vests and trash bags for the pick up... The folks
at the DoT were very pleased to see that we were still "on the job".

I want to bring up continuing the trash pick up at the next populace
meeting. I think that it is an ongoing community service that is "high
visibility" here in the neighborhood where we need the most support from our
local community. As well, it's the *only* community service that we have
going at the moment...

>Site work day for closing up the site for the winter to follow trash pick
>up. To drain water tank, be sure all is covered up and shut down for the
>winter. Start mid-morning or after trash pick up. Contact person is Sir
>Keif.

There are a few things to do at the site. Move some stuff around. Drain the
water tank, the showers, and any other filled containers on the site. We
also need to prep the BBQ pit for winter. Do we want to paint it with high
heat black? We also need to oil the hinges with olive oil or some other
edible oil. Pull up a few steel t-posts...et cetera... If there is anything
that anyone needs to retrieve from their campsite...NOW is the time to do
so... Access to the site will be strictly limited until the second weekend
of January 2002...!!

See y'all there...

Wæs Þu Hæl in TroÞ and FriÞ...!
Kief