[Ravensfort] Beer! More than just the main course.

Charley Atchley Charley at lcc.net
Thu Oct 25 10:03:12 PDT 2001

I have bought some grain off of the internet. By ordering a cart load, I was
able to get a price break. I will eventually be able to brew all of it up,
but it is so much more fun to share with friends. Some of this I only have
limited quantities.

Zork and I are going to be teaching how to brew this weekend. If you want to
try a batch then let me know and I will get some grain ground for you. We
are each doing a Belgian style fruit beer called a Lambic. We may or may not
be using the same brewing methods, since I have no clue how zork is going to
do his batch.

Prices are as follows:

pale 2 row American .72 per pound    100 pounds
# 60 crystal 	  1.50 per pound   10 pounds
# 120 crystal       1.50 per pound   5  pounds
German wheat        1.40 per pound   20 pounds
Special roast       1.60 per pound   1 pound (Stout takes only an oz.)
cascade hops 7.0aa   .40 per oz
Halltauer	  4.7aa   .59 per oz
Kent goldings 5.0aa  .59 per oz
Saaz 		  3.9aa  .59 per oz
yeast                3.04 divided by the number of people sharing
Brew bright           .21 per oz

Athaulf