[Ravensfort] Free Site Fee for Newcomers

Paul Gilbert niklas at wt.net
Sun Sep 16 15:17:23 PDT 2001

Hi......

Happily accepted. If anyone needs any for future events, let me know.  We
used about 40 at this event. We do not know yet how many were turned in,
yet. But should know at the business meeting.

HE Niklas

At 01:27 AM 9/16/01 -0500, you wrote:
>For some reason, I did not get digest #174.  Luckily, the letters it contained
>were in the archives.
>
>My attendance at populace was erratic for personal reasons, and I missed the
>announcement about the cards.  It took me a while to talk to some of those who
>had been paying attention, and I specifically asked what reasons had been
>given.
>Since they could not recall any being given, only an announcement that the
>change was being made, I came to the wrong conclusion, and I apologize.
>
>Being able to keep contact with a potential new member is an admirable
>reason to
>institute the change, and I hope it works out.  Now, if we can just keep from
>loosing the cards ...  ;>
>
> >This move is a procedure change that instead of having a list that no one
> >seemed to know where it was or if the newcomer was placed on it or even if
> >the "get in free list" got made.
> >
> >This way the newcomer has a tangible item (the ticket) that they can
> >present at the gate.
> >
> >I have had a number of requests for the tickets and those requesting (and
> >others) have stated they believe this is a good idea.
> >
> >This also has a side benefit that we can correlate the newcomer with their
> >sponsor and have the sponsor (if they are willing) to follow up on asking
> >the newcomer back to future activities. If the sponsor does not wish to do
> >that for whatever reason. The hospitaler has a name that we can work from
> >and hopefully gain a member.
> >
> >This process works much like a free guest pass at a trade show that a
> >vendor or exhibitor has given out.
> >
> >The small loss of site fees from this is potential offset by possibly
> >gaining new members. Research has found that most newcomers eat feast, thus
> >we make some funding from that to offset the site fee loss.
>
>My fault for the confusion.  I mistakenly thought that this was to get more
>newcomers to pay gate fees by making it more difficult to get in
>free.  Again, I
>apologize.
>
>Finn

                 Data Marketing Associates, Inc.  |  Houston, Texas
                         pgilbert at datamktg.com  |  281-579-2995
                                        www.datamktg.com
Paul Gilbert, KE5ZW     H.L. Niklas Vasilevich, CSM, KGA, Crane, ORH
Huntsville, Texas
niklas at wt.net	               Society for Creative Anachronism
936-291-9532               936-581-5632 cellular