[Ravensfort] Baronial Treasure hunt...

David R. Hoffpauir env_drh at shsu.edu
Mon Sep 10 09:46:58 PDT 2001

...well sorta,

The members of the Order of the Raven's Heart are looking for the original
scroll charter for their Order.  This is the scroll Ataulf, Alix, Kief and
others created years ago.  It was signed by TRM's Patrick and Julia.

I'd like to shake the collective memory to learn anything we can about the
location of it.  Possibly it is or was with the Herald's files.  Any past
Baronial Heralds are asked to recollect if they have seen it.  I also would
ask the current Herald, Lord Arturis, to check the existing files and report
back.  It may also be in the Historian files.

Anyone with knowledge of the scroll, please respond.  Currently our only
"copy" is the working draft that Ataulf and Alix used to callig the scroll.
Current activities within the ORH's, prompted by a request from TRM's,
requires that we find the scroll or at the very least pool our knowledge of
its content as read into law by Patrick and Julia.

Thanks for any help.  I have posted Ataulf's text for the scroll below in
hopes that we might jog any recollection of it.  Ataulf assures me the
"Kiefie poo" part was not in the final scroll.

dsd

-----

Unto all Gentles, Lords and Ladies, Peers, Nobles and Their Royal Majesties,
The Baron and Baroness Ravens Fort do give glad words that we have created
an Order of honor for those amongst us that gives special rights, privileges
and obligations unto those who enrich our illustrious Barony through
artistry, service and spirit. This order of award will represent the dream
that the Raven carries in its heart and thus will be known by all who shall
read these tidings as THE ORDER OF THE RAVEN'S HEART.

Be it Known that the members of this order, who having themselves been
selected for their service to the Barony of Ravens Fort, shall on a yearly
basis meet and select those that are prospective members in good service and
works to the Barony of Ravens Fort. The right of selection into the order
will rest solely with the members of the Order, and shall in no way be
influenced by the wishes of the Populace, Baron or Baroness.

Be it Known that the members of this order, who having shown themselves to
be loyal subjects of the Baron and Baroness, will form the order with the
Baron and Baroness as Chief members of the order. As Chief members the Baron
and Baroness will lead by demonstrating the dream of the Raven. All business
will be conducted in the presence of the Baron and Baroness, by the
principal member that is in attendance, that being the member who has the
highest precedence in the order, to the exclusion of all other titles.

Be it Known that the members of this order, who having shown that they are
noble in spirit, shall have the right to arms and the title of lord or lady.
These titles and arms will be recognized in all the lands of our fair
kingdom.

Be it Known that the members of this order, will wear on their person in the
form of a large roundel a badge which will be emblazoned thus (see keifie
poo) Argent, a raven's head erased natural, clasping in beak a heart. This
Roundel will be of a sufficient weight that it will remind the wearer of
these rights and obligations.

Be it Known that the members of this order, having displayed the dream that
the Raven keeps in its heart, will be charged with the obligation of keeping
this spirit alive. Members must also lead others in finding and
understanding the dream of the Raven.

These obligations and rights will be granted to the order for as long as the
Barony of Ravens Fort shall live.

The Herald, having been duly chosen for his office and warranted by the
Great Kingdom Of Ansteorra, will Maintain the precedent, badge, and regalia
for the order.

This is so done by our hand, with permission and rights granted of the King
and Queen of Ansteorra.

Baron Keifie poo                                        Baroness  Alix