[Ravensfort] Free Site Fee for Newcomers

Aedh Finn Mac Cormaic aodhfionn at unforgettable.com
Sat Sep 15 23:42:54 PDT 2001

Considering that (according to the archives, which could be wrong?) Niklas had
responded to my letter almost two hours before you did, I'm not sure why you
wrote this, unless you did not see his letter.

Even in that case, I don't know why you would send a response that is, in my
personal and unqualified opinion, unbecoming to a double Peer and Lion of
Ansteorra, unless you are attempting, as you have done with others, to
deliberately provoke me into something that can be considered lunatic ravings.

I have already addressed and apologized for my error in my response to Paul.  My
only defense, as oft-used as it admittedly has been, is that I did not know.

What, pray tell, is yours?

>Heilsa the list...
>
>Finn did post:
>
>>From: Aedh Finn Mac Cormaic <aodhfionn at unforgettable.com>
>
>>Are we actually in danger of that great a financial loss from newcomers'
>>site
>>fees that this has become an issue?
>
>Actually, no. Actually...what in Hel's name are you talking about?
>
>A point to ponder. Raven's Fort may well be the only group in the Kingdom t=
>let newcomers in free. We could just as easily end this policy of the Baron=
>and charge everyone equally. That way we would not have to worrry about
>"newcomers lists at the gate" or "newcomer's cards".
>
>>I understand the problems with the old 'list of names' system, but is it s=
>>difficult, or financially devastating, for us to trust someone when they
>>say
>>they or the person they're with is a newcomer?
>
>The easy solution is to charge *everyone*...that would certainly end the
>problem.
>
>What you are failing to see is the fact that this is a new deal that will,
>in the long run, be a whole lot easier to facilitate. Once the new "busines=
>card" size newcomer cards are printed up they will be available for the
>asking. They will be good for one event only (filled in on the back by the
>holder) and collected at the gate. One Hel of a lot easier than the old
>"catch-as-catch-can" list we have now. As well, the information on the back
>of the card will allow the Hospitalier to re-contact those that have shown
>an interest in the Barony/SCA.
>
>>After all, we seem willing to believe everyone who says the people they're
>>getting tickets for are newcomers, or is it that it is easier and more
>>forgivable to consider the person you don't know to be a liar?
>
>Again...what in Hel's name are you talking about here? Or are you just bein=
>particularly "anti-establishment" today..............?
>
>>Finn
>
>W=E6s =DEu H=E6l in Tro=DE and Fri=DE...!

Indeed?