[Ravensfort] Events.....

Cathal SilAlmhain silalmhain at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 28 11:15:53 PDT 2001

--- L T <ldeerslayer at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --
>
> Clarissima asked at the Officer's meeting whether
> there are events people would like to go to as a
> group...
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Crown Tourney will be in Belton...and there's
> alway's Bordermarch in right above Woodville...
>
> these seem to be the closest this fall!
>

> Lorraine

1. Bryn Gwlad this weekend: about 2 hours drive.

2. Crown Next Weekend-I dunno how far.

3. Weekend next: Battle of the pines--about 2 hours.

4. Weekend next: Bjornsburg: about 4 hours.

5. Weekend next: Seawinds:  well, that's close to me
but not very close to you guys . . .

Point being: we are in the thick of it!  If ya wanna
do some SCA-ing and your wallet ain't thick with green
(whose is?) to pay for gas, etc., now is the time!
What we don't realize being from ravensfort is that we
are in quite possibly the best area in the world for
SCA eventing.  We have more than 14 weekends a year
where a full-weekend event is less than three hours
away from us.  Few, if any, other areas can boast
this. And really, in the end, three hours to drive
ain't all that far.  Think of the poor souls in
montana who have to drive . . .

ok now I'm rambling.

so ya'll all come to Bryn Gwlad's this weekend!  It's
REALLY close by (lexington, TX).  It'll be lot's of
fun.  There's be lot's to do. I'll be there.  Oh,
wait.  That might actually dissuade people from going
. . . hmmmmm . . .

=====
Cathal SilAlmhain
Title Bard of Graywood
Spring Artisan for the Barony of Ravensfort
"He adds such vigor to his estocade by this means that it pierces straight through Zachary's head."
Academie de l'Espee by Gerard Tibault d'Anvers