[Ravensfort] Raven's Fort Happenings.......

Paul Gilbert niklas at pbgilbert.net
Wed Apr 3 09:55:46 PST 2002

Greetings from Their Excellence's of The Barony of Raven's Fort,

Some notes of what is happening in The Barony of Raven's Fort.

First, We wish to speak to the issue of awards.

As of this date, We have received no award recommendations, for any type of
awards, for the upcoming Day in the Court of the Great Kahn.

We need those by Friday so we may package them and send them up to the
Crown for consideration and processing. TRM require that awards
recommendations be submitted three (3) weeks in advance of the event and
please copy the B&B on them.

Please, get your award recommendations to us no later than Friday. We can
take them Thursday night at Populace also. Hard copy, soft copy, email or
whatever.

If you have sent your recommendations into the Crown and forgot to copy the
B&B, please do so ASAP so we may add our words.

Please remember the Populace meeting this Thursday night, April 4th at 7pm
in the Huntsville Fire Department, Station Number 2 located on Sam Houston
Ave in Huntsville.

Those needing directions, please let Us know and they will be provided.

At this Populace meeting, HE Kezia will be giving an overview of the use of
rewards. This covers the use of gifts, largesse and awards for rewarding
those that have impressed someone or have achieved something. She will also
go over some basic court etiquette from those that have been asking, "What
do I do when I get called into court"?

It is asked that all that can, please wear grab to this meeting.

Following the meeting, there will a migration to someplace for dinner.

In other activities in the Barony..................

We will be traveling to the Barony of Elfsea Springfaire event this weekend
to the investiture of Lord Daniel & Lady Siobhan as the Baron and Baroness
of Elfsea.

We plan to leave Friday during the day as there is the Winston 500 NASCAR
race across the hwy from the site of the Elfsea Springfaire event at
Hawkwood in Ft. Worth. Those wishing to caravan or that might be attending,
please let us know and we can save a spot for your camp. Plans are to be
back in time for fighter practice on Sunday, so all that can bring your
armour and A&S projects to Fighter Practice on April 7th at 3pm at the
Gazebo in Huntsville.

There will not be a Mini-tourney this month in Raven's Fort due to the
event, Day in the Court of the Great Kahn, being held the last weekend.
Plans are being looked into for one in May.

There are several work days left prior to the event. They are....

April 12-14
April 21

Those needing additional work days may contact either Sir Keif, The Site
Agent or Lady Clarissima, Seneschal or Us (the B&B) about access to the site.

On April 20th, plans are for several Raven's Forter's to attend the
Bordermarch Spring Melees at Jones Country. We plan to day trip that event
as we have a work day planned for April 21st, Sunday.

While we do not at this time plan to attend, remember that The Canton of
Gates Edge is hosting Academy of the Bow, April 12-14. Please, see the
Gatesedge web page for further info on the event.

The end of April brings us to our event, Day In The Court Of the Great
Kahn. Lord Magnus is the Steward with Lord Dolfin of Cork the Feast
Steward. If you have not made your feast reservation as of yet, please do
so ASAP. See the Blackstar or www.ravensfort.org for their email or phone
numbers for questions and or feast reservations.

The theme of the event is Mongolian. Currently there are several that plan
to come in Mongolian clothing and we anticipate several Mongol visitors
from west of Raven's Fort.

At the event we will be holding championships for Bardic, Archery,
Equestrian, Haflemaster (Knife,Axe&Spear) and Vinting/Brewing. Details of
the competitions will be announced as we get closer to the event and on the
event information handout at the gate.

We are looking for someone that has a desire to run a Mongolian wrestling
contest. Anyone interested in that, please contact TE Niklas or Kezia.

Any questions about the event can be directed to Us (the B&B), Lady
Clarissima, Seneschal, or Lord Magnus, the Event Steward.

Other activities in the Barony include.....

Scribes at HE Crystals on April 11th at her residence. Contact HE Crystal
for further information.
Raven's Fort Business meeting on April 18th at Citizens Bank of Texas in
New Waverly at 7pm.
Fighter Practice each Sunday,at 3pm at the Gazebo located at Ave O and 19th
Street in Huntsville. Except April 28th (day after the event, please come
help with event clean up).

I am told there may be a Star Gazers session at the Stones of Raven's Fort
on Saturday, April 13th evening. We will consult with Sir Keif the local
Star Gazer and report back.

Looking into the month of May,

Plans are to have a push for attendance and a vibranate Raven's Fort camp
at Steppes Warlord, May 24-27. HE Brian and HE Niklas will be cooking Stir
Fry for those that are at the camp on Saturday evening. Plans for that
event will be announced as they become available.

Persons have asked Us as to what events we will be trying to attend. Below
is a tentative Baronial Progress. It is subject to change and the usual
disclaimers....your mileage may vary, batteries not included, some assembly
required....yadda,yadda,yadda.....

date:           event:                                  accommodations:

April 5-7       Elfsea Springfaire                      Camping @ event site
April 12-14     Work Days @ Stones                      Maybe camp????
April 20        Bordermarch Spring Mellees              Day Trip at this time
April 21        Work Day @ Stones
April 26-28     Day in the Court of the Great Kahn      Camping @ Stones
May 3-5 Squires & Cadets                        Daytrip
May 10-12       pass out @ home :)
May 17-19       Loch Sollier Baronial                   Daytrip
May 24-27       Steppes Warlord                 Camping @ event
June 28-30      Midsummers Faire                        Daytrip
July 12-14      Coronation                              Overnight (depends
on location)
July 19-21      Kings Round Table                       Overnight (depends
on location)
August  TBA......
Spetember       Defender, Sept 20-22

We would love to see as many as can, attend the events we plan to visit. If
anyone has any questions about the events or travel plans, please let Us know.

In closing, the activities occurring in the Barony are wonderful !!!!! But
they do not come without a price. Please support them and thank the people
that plan, produce and provide the activities and support actions of them.

If anyone has an activity or event that they wish to do, let Us or Lady
Clarissima, the Seneschal, know so may help you.

As usual, any questions, complaints, ideas or the such, please contact us.

In Service,

H.E. Niklas Vasilevich          H.E. Kezia Kiabarta
Baron                           Baroness

Barony of Raven's Fort
Kingdom or Ansteorra
Society for Creative Anachronism

                 Data Marketing Associates, Inc.  |  Houston, Texas
                         pgilbert at datamktg.com  |  281-579-2995
                                        www.datamktg.com
Paul Gilbert,   KE5ZW                   H.E. Niklas Vasilevich,
Huntsville, Texas                       Baron of The Barony Raven's Fort
niklas at pbgilbert.net                    CSM, Crane, ORH, KGA , AoA
936-291-9532 home                               Kingdom of Ansteorra
936-581-5632 cellular                           Society for Creative
Anachronism
                               AIM Name: KE5ZW