[Ravensfort] Recent Postings
bethatchley at excite.com
Sat Apr 6 14:02:50 PST 2002
Dear friends and fellow Raven's Forters,
I normally do not post to this list, but I read every posting. I have been moved by recent postings and subsequent actions to respond.
I would like to begin by saying that I do not feel any animosity towards any of the people involved, I count most of them as close friends and hope this will still be the case after my comments.
I will begin with my perceptions of how things unfolded. Please feel free to correct me if I have misunderstood (politely if possible if not I can take that too):
1. Banter and camaraderie was taking place. "E-bonding "if you will, the kind of thing that connects us as a Barony and helps to salve old wounds.
2. Marius was participating in kind when someone seemed to say that she had had to videos stolen from her house (she could have loaned them out and they did not come home, she did not specify), and he offered some advice.
3. Kief responded professing his agreement. I was surprised that he had responded to Marius' comment in light of their falling-out, but I took his words at face value: an attempt to participate in the exchange.
4. Marius responded as if he had been offended. Confused, I reread Kief's posting and realized that it could be interpreted as sarcastic. If this was Kief's intention it was unnecessary and uncalled for and Marius was perfectly justified in being offended (not in responding publicly). At this point Marius had said nothing on the list that could be seen as a dig at Kief. Marius even tried to maintain this bantering tone to a certain extent.
5. Then Lorraine posted the most personal and venomous comment of the whole exchange. Marius knows how she and Kief feel and it is not necessary for her to rub his nose in it while insinuating that the rest of the members of the list feel likewise.
6. At this point things exploded into the childish and petty name calling that we as a barony have become used to from 2 grown men who in times past have given their utmost to this Barony.
As for the disciplinary action that was taken by Clarissima, I think that it shows bias. I personally feel that the punishments were applied inversely to the offense. A verbal warning is too light for Lorraine's venomous comment and 6 months is too harsh for Marius defending himself. I feel it would be better to apply a 1-month ban across the board.
Thank you for listening,
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ravensfort