[Ravensfort] Cool Movies!

jacinth jacinth at mail.ev1.net
Mon Apr 22 13:06:09 PDT 2002

Howdy!!

I was looking around, I found the most interesting site:

Norsk Folkemusemus filmautomat
<http://www.norskfolke.museum.no/prosjekt/WebStar/katalog.html?kategori=10224&side=1&video=0>

It took a little fiddling on my part to figure out how to make it work, but
select a movie, and when the window refreshes you select a speed from
the lower right corner.  If you are working over a modem, pick '28.8', but
if you have cablemodem you can pick 'LAN'.

There are movies on different handcrafts, but the best ones were on
greneveving, including one that was done by Marta Hoffmann.  You can
watch them use the warping frame, set up a warp-weighted loom, and
watch their hand movements while they work.  This is SO COOL!

Have fun!  I just got a warping frame built, and while it isn't pretty or perfect, I am going to give it a test spin as soon
as I can.

-Jacinth-