[Ravensfort] Newcomers....

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 30 13:57:34 PDT 2002

Ragan's post about his newcomers shows how fragile thay are and how
gentle we need to handle them (new comers).  I've seen this happen
many times...when newcomers are brought to an even and did not have
the "right" clothes or met one obnoxious person (or an okay person
 under pressure)

...and we loose them...permanently...

This is why I advocate that if we want people to stay we should
introduce them to the SCA before we take them to one of our home
events...and help them get clothed appropriately so they won't feel
or be out of place...

That way they have more than one experience or person to judge us by...

Lorraine