[Ravensfort] Fabric on the web...

Watson Jeffrey J edric at edricsrose.com
Sun Aug 11 19:05:15 PDT 2002

I don't have experience with that site. I do a lot of business with http://www.fabric-stores-online.com

My gambeson is made with the 7oz linen from them, and I have tunic from their 5.3oz linen.

I also have some of their 5.9oz which I used for some bags.

The 7oz was great for the purpose, the 5.9oz is OK for tunic, but the 5.3oz is much softer and hangs better. The 3.5oz is great for chamises and veils.

Their prices can't be beat and right now they have coupon code "flax" for 10% off your purchase.

I can't comment on the other weaves (I've only used the basics). But if is anything like the ones I have had, it will be great.

One downside is that right now they don't have a wide variety of colors. You could get the bleached and dye it though.

And remember, always prewash. Linen shrinks a lot, and gets softer the more you wash it. Make sure you protect the hems, linen loves to fray.

Edric