[Ravensfort] Spam/suggestion

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 21 06:59:35 PDT 2002

It looks as though the great spam monster has gotten
our list's address....

Thank goodness attachments are stripped by our server....

but the Spam messages will probably increase exponentially
from here out....

When it happened to Gates Edge they closed the list for posting
purposes...(people subscribed could post freely but
anyone not subscribed was moderated...but the archives were still
open to read from the web...)

This would increase the time involved for the moderator...because they
would have to approve or disapprove the messages from outside...but
would keep the list and archives (and our mailboxes) from being filled
with spam....

Lorraine