[Ravensfort] Re: Ravensfort digest, Vol 1 #578 - 3 msgs

iris20 at earthlink.net iris20 at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 4 19:55:19 PST 2002

Hi Haroun (Robert),

While the film (The Duelists) is definitely "post period", the fight
scenes are some of the best ever filmed.  After all, Hobbs is still the
"god" of fight choreography.  I can't begin to tell you just how many
times Mouse watched those scenes frame by frame prior to Queen's or any
other tournament that he was interested in.  The film definitely still
does something to offer the Rapier Community in spite of being
"post-period" in it's setting.  And I haven't even mentioned how it
deals with the concept of Honour and what can happen when it gets
twisted....

Jalali of Salamis