[Ravensfort] Scribe questions

RJ Allen chrystalamacruari at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 11 00:53:21 PST 2002

Hi Mirabelis,
I am very happy to read that you wanted to attend scribes guild & sad you won't be able to attend. There will be more meetings, please keep us in mind & attend whenever you can. Scribes Guild can use all the victims 'er willing scribes we can get ;o)  Every 2nd Thursday of every month, 7pm.
The type of paper that the kingdom & the barony uses for scrolls is a 70lb -baronial ivory linen if you were looking for paper other than "white". Most printing places may have a "little stock" on hand that is 8-1/2 x 11, otherwise, you may have to special order it (no more than a few days to get in) especially if you wanted anything larger than 8-1/2 x 11. If I remember correctly, there is/was a Speed Printing in Conroe on Dallas Street (between what used to be the Village Idiot restaurant- now Cinco de Mayo? & the Post Office). Check your local phone book for printing/paper supply in your area. Be sure to let the business know what you are wanting the paper to do... (inks, pencil, pen, etc)
In regards to ink, black permanent ink will last the longest. Windsor Newton brand, Pelican inks are good inks. As for colored inks, they tend to fade quicker over time. You should be content with using Windsor Newton, whether you use a pen or brush. Michael's & Hobby "Danger" Lobby do stock both brands. Then there is Texas Art Supply in Houston if you don't mind the drive (Mecca for art supplies, but with a price attached). If you like to order online, go to www.dickblick.com for art supplies. Pretty good prices on material sent to an address of your choice. Hope this helps.
Regards,  ~chrystal~
 Mirabelis <mirabelis at johnthekiwi.com> wrote:Greetings! I hope this finds everyone doing well and getting ready for
the holidays! Unfortunately for me I had to go get a real job so I cant
do things in the evenings anymore :( but you have to do what you have
to do to pay the bills!! I wanted to come out to the scribe meeting
this week, but I cant :( I do have some questions tho, and I hope
someone can help me out!!!

Where do you get the paper that scribes are on? I'm looking for some
parchment type paper and all I can come up with is 8x10 and I actually
need something a bit bigger, kinda like what my scribe is on! And the
ink that is colored, is that just the regular colored ink that you find
on the shelves? I've been to Michaels and looked at their ink pens but
I don't want to buy anything if I'm not too sure of what I'm doing. I'm
trying to get some homemade xmas presents made and although I have the
idea it is quite hard trying to get it onto paper ;) any help would be
much appreciative!!

Cheers!
Mirabelis

~No matter where you go, life is as life does & poof, there you are~