[Ravensfort] Site Work Days

Clarissima ldyclarissima at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 4 07:58:59 PST 2002

Ciao!

At the business meeting in January, the following days
were set as site work days.  These are to be used as
general site work and preparation for Day at the Court
of the Great Kahn.

February 15-17
March 8-10
April 12-14
April 21

We will be firing up the pit for all of these work
days, so it is BYOM (bring your own meat):)!  It will
be potluck for veggies.

This is our goal list for the Spring.

This is a long list.  Obviously we could break it down
even further, but these are things that really need to
be done before our event that have been delayed for at
least a year.  I am trying to implement a new program,
an "Adopt a Site Improvement Project", where an
individual, group of individuals or a household
"adopt" a site improvement.  That individual, etc, is
responsible for budgeting, money and time, requesting
materials, help, etc. to complete the project.
Several members of the Barony have been doing this for
years, but everyone needs to join in.  It will be fun,
each person can give updates at Populace and will
receive word fame and possibly other goodies.

If you are interested in adopting any of the below
projects, please let me know.  I am sure there are
several members of the barony that will be glad to
assist.  I would like to thank Sir Keif for compiling
this list for me, off of the top of his head, in about
10 minutes, in way more detail than I have shown here.
 Grazie, Sir.

Buildings - general
Check for structural damage

Kitchen:
cut legs on tables
finish and enclose ceiling

Water tower:
weld stronger supports
weld frame for sinks

Changing room:
install new floor
doors or curtains for privacy

Showers:
paint
remove and replace floors and clean out weed and vines
larger water containers and roof
make sure curtains are servicable
check hoses and shower heads

Grounds:
Saw up all downed timber
Transport pine to bonfire
Hardwood to kitchen **(Give some of the hardwood to
the folks that help cut and transport)
R&R rotten/broken posts
Cut wild citrus and other brush *way* back from the
entry road
Trim trees of dead limbs
Clear away deadfall under trees
Check wash area (on the way to the stones) to see if
added fill is needed
Search out and evaluate fire ant problem areas
Clear out persimmon trees/shrubs from equestrian area
Reset list field poles as needed
Clean around the buildings and restack equipment in
the outside storage area
Evaluate "blue smoker" behind storeroom (scrap?)
Move and dismantle old privies
Fill in any holes at old privy sites

Roads:
Move posts in "parking area" to increase size of area
Check cattle guard for breakage and for any needed
silt removal
Clear ends of culverts (outside front gate, road in,
and new) for positive H2O flow

Equipment:
Check B-B-Q pit (needs some welding)
Check H2O pump (replace? - have seen a better one
recently)
Tent repair
R&R broken hardware on large tent poles
Check stoves
Evaluate and modify donated camper as trailer for
B-B-Q pit or for mobile H2O source
Check dais for damage
Repaint and relocate "Stones" welcome sign

Grazie,
Clarissima

=====
Grazie,