[Ravensfort] Day at the Court of the Great Khan

doug bell magnus77840 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 4 18:22:12 PST 2002

Our April 27th event this spring will be Day at the Court
of the Great Khan.

Marco Polo invites you to journey down the legendary Silk
Road to Khanabalik in the Mongol Empire and spend a day
at Kublai Khan's court.  A grand spectacle of the Orient
is being held to honor the Khan's birthday.  Celebrations
will include chivalric and rapier contests, A&S with an
Asian theme, and selection of our baronial champions for
Bardic, Brewing/Venting, Archery, Equestrian, and
Knife/Axe/Spear throwing.  A grand feast will be served
of foods from cultures Marco Polo has visited on his journey across the vast
Mongol lands.

Dolfin is preparing a wonderful period feast for us.

I will need prizes for Brewing/Venting, Archery,
Equestrian, and Knife/Axe/Spear throwing.  At the
event there is a need for someone to manage the Gate
and someone to run Children's activities.

The site work that we will need most will be cutting
the grass and raising the tents during the last few
days before the event.  We will have to see at our
meeting what other items have to be finished in
time for this event.

your event staward
Magnus von Lubeck